It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Buying Driftwood?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:02 am 

I have a question. This isn't something I go about lightly, but I'm kinda curious. Anyone have any way to contact Driftwood, say if one wanted to buy the company? I'm not saying I have the money right now to do it, but friends of mine and I have often discussed the idea of buying it and such. Would that even be plausible? I know they're having trouble meeting demands, answering anything, and owe some people their orders.

Post subject: Re: Buying Driftwood?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 am 

Well, if anyone has had any contact with the company, it's Ian.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:41 pm 

I seem to remember somebody, I think it was Ian, saying that the owner had no interest in selling Driftwood. But that was quite a while ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:21 pm 

When there is a problem with the official TRoS forum I contact Adam (Null Flux) in the hope that he will be kind enough to sort out the issue. Even he isn't in contact with George any more. Last time I heard from George was about a year ago. While the email was brief it sounded like he was doing other things now and that TRoS was in the past. Would he sell Driftwood? I guess so, if the price was right. I have no idea what that price would be; however, it would involve purchasing all existing stock that he has, which means it could easily run into several thousands of dollars.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:55 pm 

Yes, that's why I was asking. I know it'd cost at the bare minimum somewhere around $10,000. But since no one has been in contact with George, it's kinda hard to do more than just guess at the figures and things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 am 

Ian started another thread on a similar topic: IF Driftwood and/or TRoS were for sale, how much would any volunteers be willing to chip in? I for one would be willing to chip in a fat chunk of change if it would mean the chance to attempt to negotiate copyright & publishing permission.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 pm 

Rasha wrote:
Ian started another thread on a similar topic: IF Driftwood and/or TRoS were for sale, how much would any volunteers be willing to chip in? I for one would be willing to chip in a fat chunk of change if it would mean the chance to attempt to negotiate copyright & publishing permission.

There are a few things operating against this:

1) George isn't interested in selling. I don't mean that he actively wants to retain the rights -- I mean he has lost interest in TRoS from a business perspective.

2) Blade of the Iron Throne will be released by the middle of the year. It is an excellent successor game with a wicked setting.

3) Jake's new game is on the horizon. If it gets up it should be out by the end of the year.

We would have bought the rights long ago if they had been available to buy -- but they aren't. As a communit we've moved on, creating our own successor game and eagerly awaiting Jake's. When they are both available my personal opinion is that TRoS won't be worth anything to anyone because there will be much better options available, one of which will be free.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:50 pm 

1) Yeah, I kinda gathered. So I'm mushing on in a different direction...

2) Excited about Blade.

3) First I'd heard about Jake's new game, so I'm about to go rifling through some posts (or internet in general) until i find something about it. :-)

In a way, it's forcing me to get creative, which I oddly appreciate. :-)