It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: TRoF (The Riddle of Fallout)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 am 

They could still be made to work like that; give the characters their minimum attribute levels for free and reduce the number of points available appropriately.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:32 am 

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yeah Higgins Im tackeling this project from a Point Buy perspective, not a Priority Pick.

Hey Hector, I think you're right, theres no real reason I can't use the Min/Max stats rules from the PnP Fallout game and it would probably work better.

What I really would like to do is get my hands on Fallout Tactics again and use the Stat Modifiers from there. If either of you have it (my copy got destroyed by a mate i leant it too), could you go into Muliplayer and have a look at the Stat Mods for me. It has them for Ghouls, Super Mutants, Death Claws and Dogs.

Also I need to work out how to implement Stimpacks, Med-X, RadX, Rad Away and othe Meds into the Game. Not mention I need rules for Radiation.

Any and All help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers & God Bless!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 pm 

Stimpaks... I think they should automatically stabilise the wound, reduce the effective pain (temporary WP bonus basically?) and count the wound as one success had been healed off it... Would that be too much? I'm actually divided between picking an automatic success on healing or just allowing an instantaneous healing roll. The more powerful the stim, the more rolls you get. That would also mean that people with high HT will heal faster with stimpaks... which wasn't so in the game. Or the stim has just a dice pool it rolls in lieu of HT? Stronger chem means bigger dice pool? Larger dose means more rolls?

Fallout PnP has some nice descriptions about rad effetcts... It's mostly obsolete unit as I understand from wiki, but the gray unit seems too broad.. 5 pips and you're dead. PnP is probably the best place to start off concerning the radiation/Rad-X/Rad Away effects.

Med-X is just a morphine based pain killer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:39 am 

Okay guys, I've got something I really need help with now. New Skills and Skill Packets!

So far it been okay, the PC's just took old Skill Packets and then with their bonus skils from MA bought stuff like Mechanics and Drive. However, now I'm trying to make members of the Brotherhood of Steel and find that none of the exiting skill packets and skills.

Here's a rough idea of Skills I've comeup with so far, just their names not what they do (ideas on that would be appriciated too):

Mechanics/Repair/Engineering
Drive
Pilot
Computer Use (Hacking, fixing, programing etc.)
Various Crafts, like Guns, Power Armour, Robots, etc.
Science

So yeah, any and all advice would be great.

Cheers & God Bless!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 am 

A friend of mine made some skill packets for his Hungry City Chronicles game... he doesn't have them digitally, but if you think those would help, he was willing to type them in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:10 am 

Hey Higgins, if I could get those Skill Packets that would be great, I'm sure a little tweaking will be needed, but it should work pretty well.

Cheers and God Bless!