It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Priorities for a Western Game
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:41 pm 

higgins wrote:
What did you think of the generic fighting pools, btw?

Looks good to me. Maybe the Priority steps are not quite what I would make them, though. I'd like the step from B to A be bigger than the step from C to B. I think it is a good guideline to assume D as average and to make the benefits/drawbacks bigger with each step taken away from D in either direction; D to E/C being the smallest step, C to B and E to F the next biggest, and B to A the largest one.

But then that's just me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:57 pm 

Grettir wrote:
I'd like the step from B to A be bigger than the step from C to B.
I wholly understand the point, but I think the idea works better with more rows. Also, if the initial number of the lowest two Proficiencies is too low, there is not really a point to pick the E pick over F. I mean, look at the core... E is 2 Proficiency points... Which are worth only 2 SA points and thus easily purchased at character creation at no major cost.

As for my table, it gives:
93,8%
87,5%
75,0%
50,0%
of lashing out, so the, added chance increasingly decreases with the higher pick. Sure, the overall % is higher, but the steps become smaller. There's got to be a better solution, but I dislike the idea of plain CP boost.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:32 am 

Hi all,

Higgings - for doing something dangerous, and will rolls consider using WP on the terrsa roll table, with the number of successes being a cap on how much risk people are willing to take.

Simon Burling

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:12 pm 

simon burling wrote:
Higgings - for doing something dangerous, and will rolls consider using WP on the terrsa roll table, with the number of successes being a cap on how much risk people are willing to take.
Hm, that sounds like a horror mechanic -- roll dice to determine whether the character is able to act and to what degree.