It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Introductions, and Tell us of your characters!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:12 am 

Hi, I'm Lisrean,

Or rather, my really fun grumpy wandering healer lady is, and I've stolen her name for my SN. She's Cyrinthmeiri, overeducated and overconfident, with a mind for strategy and a flippant mouth.

EDIT: This thread is for discussing original characters NOT intended for use by other people. For ready made characters, (though why you'd want one for anything but an NPC escapes me, *shrug*) see other threads on this section of the board.

I also have:
Drago, a Stahlnish knight and man of honor, who has been disinherited,
Azel, a berserker who's actually a very nice person (of Kozak descent)
Shander, a thief with Bad, Bad luck,
Morgan, a mage captured by Geluroise and forced to serve their Emperor,
and Rosslyn, a lady warrior of a religious Order.
Not to mention several other supporting cast npcs.

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention:
Serafina, my Kozak horsewoman, a fiery beauty,
and Donovan, a mercenary swordsman from Angharad.

Some of them I've played in TROS system itself, and some in freeform rp using the world of Weyrth.

Last edited by Lisrean on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Introductions, and Tell us of your characters!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:53 am 

I am Lyrax, known as Lyrax on the official TROS forum as well.

The characters I may share include:

Lyrax, a celtic assassin with an inconvenient conscience.
Piotr, a religious Kozak who gathers people to him like rocks gather moss.
Ulrich, a tank. He is a heavy and heavily armored Stahlner. The definition of 'heavy cavalry.'
Natheir, my only sorcerer, who once suffered amnesia.
and Ol, the barbarian raider who has no fear. Whatsoever.

I also claim to be the Riddle's first fanboy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:29 am 

Hello, this is Adarhysenthe and I am known on the interwebs by that name alone, so I should be easy to recognize! I'm not on the official forums--I never received a response to allow me on. Anyways, I have several characters myself, so here's a few!

Khorae, my first. A social beauty with a fat streak of vanity, power-hungry and somewhat ruthless.
Gwendolyn, a Witch. She's not very good at her magic but she is creative with what she has. She's also the most temperamental character I've ever created. Major Rage flaw.
Loretta, an entrepreneur, mostly black market. Also a Mage.
Celeste, a Stahlinish pirate.

That's all I can think of now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:21 am 

Hi, I'm known as Daeruin pretty much everywhere I frequent on the Wide Wide World O' Web.

I've only had the chance to play three Riddle characters:

Owyn, a crack-shot woodsman looking for his abducted true love--who is also his lord's daughter
Gwen, a patriot whose only way out of the slums was to take service as a demon's warlock
Chthonos, an art-loving minotaur who enjoys reshaping his poleaxe with his limited magical abilities

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:05 am 

Lisrean wrote:
EDIT: This thread is for discussing original characters NOT intended for use by other people. For ready made characters, (though why you'd want one for anything but an NPC escapes me, *shrug*) see other threads on this section of the board.

You'll notice that this forum is in the Fan Material section of the Fanzone. As such the overriding purpose is to hold fan material and to discuss fan material -- in this case, ready-made characters. Feel free to keep the thread going, though for myself I'd like to see a little more than a single-line summary of a character. TRoS characters are larger than life heroes and villains -- maybe give us some sense of that in your posts. What makes this character great? Why do you like to play this character (PC) or encounter this character (NPC)? Describe the scene wherein this character really shone...

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:05 pm 

Hello!

Stuh42L here, and that is my name everywhere. I have been running TRoS for about 3 years, and rarely do I get to play. However, I will share with you one of my favorite characters that I did manage to play.

The game was set in Stahl occupied Angharad.

(Ok Ian, Ill oblige)

Wolfgang von Ritter, Earl of WestMarch

This was my second character, and therfore had some insight to burn!

Wolfgang is a landed noble, of Stalhnish birth. He has above average attributes, and is known to be a master warrior. He is not afraid to use a variety of weapons, and has his own sense of right and wrong, that often isn't shared. He was trained in the arts of knighthood, as accustomed, and as the second son, spent his early teenage years with the clergy before being called to serve the great nation of Stahl. His Iron Will is his greatest assest.

Bio: Wolfgang is reletively new to the political arean, his father having only recently been granted the title of Earl, by one of the King's of Stahl, and then passing on soon afterword. This position came about due to the deliberate spread of Stahl's occupation of Angharad. As such, enough new land aquired, and the King, not wanting to grant it to one of his existing nobles, (lest they have power to rival his own) granted the title to a lesser noble, Wolfgang's father.

Always aware that his position in life is due to whim and luck, Wolfgang himself feels almost as if he does not deserve the position he has. Surely there must be better men for rule? His household has always just had their land, and their own way of doing things. Wolfgang feels a little out of place in the world of Earl's and Count's, and the King's Court is a battleground he is ill prepared for. Unmarried and a little uncouth, he is suddenly thrust into a position of prominence, to where many, many others look to him for guidance, wisdom, and some, the inevitable mistake that will give him his opening.

Born the second son, Wolfgang was not prepared as well for any rule, let alone a rule above his families station. Leading armies for the glory of the Stahl is where he belongs, and since he tends to have a "my way or no way approach" (MA 3), it has been increasinly hard for him to deal with not only his new life and power, but also of his new responsiblities.

For you see, the province granted Wolfgang, is not an easy one. Sure, it's resources are abundant and the envy of all, with its good wool, bountiful barly crops, and rich copper mine, it is the people itself, that prove to be a problem.

Where Stalhnish pride and Angharan hatred collide, mixed with attempted aethistic acceptance, and fierce pagen supperstition, only trouble brews. The Angharan's are a people that raid each other, and can never get along, except perhaps, to oust the occupiers of their land. Add to this the increase of those born of both bloods, and division becomes rampant, and sometimes violent.

What is a War-bred out of place stalhnish knight to do? His father never had these problems, and Wolfgang doesn't readily accept 'new' ways of doing things. He must decide how the Will of the King, and the will of the Earl, will be spread in this troubled province.

SA's (the important part)

Drive: Earn the Place he has been given
Wolfgang does not belive he is fit for the rule placed upon him, and believes everyone else knows this as fact. He will do whatever it takes to show all of Stahl, that a second son of a minor noble, can fulfill his duty to his king.

Passion: Be the strong link in the chain
Always looked to last, and now looked to first, Wolfgang knows what it means to be part of a team. However, he knows that when a team fails, it is because of the weakest link. Wolfgang's greatest fear is becoming that weak link

Passion: The Lady Elana Ulrich Ritter
Being in love with a women that is not yours is hard for any man, but especially when this women is the widow of that man's late brother

Destiny: To lead the chiefs of the seven clans to freedom
A destiny that is the antithisis of Wolfgang's goals and ambitions, that if it comes to pass, will destroy his family, yet it is an unknown destiny that finds shameful sympathy in Wolfgang's subconcious

Faith: A man's WIll is what gives strength to steel, and god's and magic have no place in a prefected will.
Wolfgang believes that all things are possible with stoic will alone... if only he believed he possessed that will. (and lately, his campaings through the highlands have made him question his staunch defiance of magic.... maybe the Angharan's are right...)

Gifts/Flaws He has a solid reputation however, even among the higher member's of court where he used to not belong, and he is known amongst his angharan subjects as a very firm, but steadfast ruler. The death of his brother to a quick illness, coupled with his love for a lady he should not have, leaves his thoughts tormented. His temper often becomes a problem, especially in the 'tit for tat' court he is now thrust into.

Join me in battle Knave!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:33 pm 

stuh42l wrote:
Wolfgang von Ritter, Earl of WestMarch

Now that is a TRoS character!

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:38 am 

Hi!

I'm called Higgins on basically every RPG board I've ever registered to and on TROSforums too. I'm a newbie at TROS, but that's mainly because I like consistency and I'm not willing to change the system for a game I've been running for over three years now. I'm sure my next game will be TROS based though. :)

As for the character, I only have one (other belonging to alternate systems, mostly to Storytelling system). He's an aging bounty hunter from a high-magic setting and refereed by Lyrax. This is a public background, easily to be found when doing a background check, so, more detailed family relations have been left out of here.

Hector Pantelas was born as a second son into a wealthy and influential merchant family. Along with a disfigured father, he had two brothers and a younger sister. The family core also includes his uncle and aunt.

Hector's childhood was pretty normal and he was very close to his younger brother Anaxus, who was wild at heart, as opposed to his elder and humorless brother Gerogio. His sister Vesna had a magical aptitude however, and she spent majority of her time developing it. Not long after reaching the age of manhood, young Anaxus was lost at sea. Grieved from the loss of his blood, Hector tossed himself into self destructing spiral of booze, women and loose living. Before he knew it, he had fathered a child to a tavern wench and greatly angered his family when he concieved another unlawful child to his father's business parner. The problem about it wasn't really the child, but Hector. While he was wedded to Georgette Starris, he never truly fulfilled his duties as a husband and was eventually cast out from both families, with even his daughter claiming her mother's name instead of his.

He came to his current profession my accident, really. After killing a man in drunken duel, the fellow turned out to be searched dead or alive and for the punishment, Hector recieved the bounty instead. Despite all of this going to cover his gambling debts, he managed to convince the bookie to hire him (instead of maiming), to pay off the rest. He worked quite a while as a debt collector, and turned to open market after that issue was settled. With the years in business, he's gained a... reliable reputation, while not being a really nice guy himself. One of the highlights of his career is slaying a dangerous sorcerer, and this is where his facial scar originates from. It is rumoured that the sorcered laid a curse on him with his final words, but no-one is really sure what this consists of.

Now, at the age of 42, he has come to regret some of his past choices of his life and has tried to contact his two children he's aware of. Sebastian is now pursuing a military career and is arrogant towards Hector, while Naida is more compassionate to him. Hector doesn't really talk about the relationship between him and the families he's been cast out of, and he's content with majority of people believing he has actually worked himself up, not down.

Spiritual Attributes:
Drive: Prove your children that you're worth a damn.
Panache: You only live once.
Destiny: Inherit a fallen empire.
Other SA's to be determined as the story continues.

Flaws:
Hector's lust for women has brought him where he is right now -- aging, rather poor and withno real family to turn to. He alo cannot use magical items without getting a rash, and being nearby of an active spell or casting one causes him pain. This however lets him know if there's magic nearby. He has no such issue with alchemical equipment. He has, however, quite a lot aquaintances from different areas who owe him a favour or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:15 am 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
You'll notice that this forum is in the Fan Material section of the Fanzone. As such the overriding purpose is to hold fan material and to discuss fan material -- in this case, ready-made characters. Feel free to keep the thread going, though for myself I'd like to see a little more than a single-line summary of a character. TRoS characters are larger than life heroes and villains -- maybe give us some sense of that in your posts. What makes this character great? Why do you like to play this character (PC) or encounter this character (NPC)? Describe the scene wherein this character really shone...

Regards,

Hah, this isn't my character-sharing thread.

What I posted up there was the previews. COMING SOON!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:18 am 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
Lisrean wrote:

You'll notice that this forum is in the Fan Material section of the Fanzone. As such the overriding purpose is to hold fan material and to discuss fan material -- in this case, ready-made characters.

This site really does need a place for people who aren't fans of the game mechanics so much as fans of playing the game... For threads more like this one, "No $&^# There We Were-" stories, hilarious anecdotes from gaming with TRoS, and the like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:47 pm 

LMAO, this thread reads like an AA meeting...

"Hi I'm Crow, and I've been playing TRoS for almost a year now..."

:D

Anyways I don't have any characters to post, I mean I do but I haven't played them yet... I'm stuck GMing. :(

Cheers and God Bless!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:39 pm 

But GMing is the most fun you can have!

I was actually surprised when a new player of mine (first rpg ever) said to me after the 2nd session.

"I see why you like to GM, you are always in the game."

I had never thought of it that way before, but its nice to occasionaly have a fresh perspective on things.

Join me in battle Knave!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:16 am 

stuh42l wrote:
But GMing is the most fun you can have!

I was actually surprised when a new player of mine (first rpg ever) said to me after the 2nd session.

"I see why you like to GM, you are always in the game."

I had never thought of it that way before, but its nice to occasionaly have a fresh perspective on things.

*Stares blankly at Stuh42l* :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 am 

OK this is one version of the Character I want to play...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Saewulfr

Born the bastard child of a near impoverished minor Savaxen Jarl and a young Pictish Thrall, the only thing that Saewulfr's father ever gave him was his name and his freedom.

Sent out into the wolrd as young man of mixed heritage with little to no station or wealth, Saewulfr fast learnt that in order to survive he would have to fight. Ridiculed by other Savaxen's as a halfbreed a bastard and a slave the men of Savaxia awarded him little honor, an insult that the young warrior would take to heart. Over the next few years he would engage in many duels of honor, fighting to the death over any insult no matter how slight nor imagined.

Growing into a fine young man Saewulfr earnt the reputation as a fierce warrior and it was rumored he was touched by Wodin (Odin, he is a Berserkr). Selling his services to the highest bidder Saewulfr began on a promising career as a Duelist and a Mercenary, one that would see him serve on the isles of pict and eventually make his way to the main land.

Word of his character would soon reach a less seemly employer who would higher him to assassinate the son of his rival in a Duel to the death. Saewulfr obliged and dealt with what would be the first of several such assassinations he would undergo.
However all this did not go unnoticed and Saewulfr made for himself more than a few powerful enemies, one of whom would almost claim his life shortly after his 21st birthday.

On a cold night in the heart of Stahl the young Saewulfr finished yet another night of hard drinking in an attempt to drown out the memory of his very existance. Well and trully intoxiacated and far from his home at a farmstead just out of town, the drunken mercenary stumbled blindly through the darkness pausing often to empty the contents of his stomach only to to refil it with a fresh supply of ale he had secreted from the inn. As the first rays of dawn began to lighten the night sky Saewulfr found himself on the last leg of his journy to the farmstead, the gate in just insight. As he staggered along the path he descended into a small dip in the road, just then the tall grass at the sides of the road parted in a flurry of activity as several brigandes exploded from their hiding spots and ambushed the young warrior. Reacting on instinct Saewulfr bottled the first whilst drawing his sword and impaling the second, the third crashed his club into the side of Saewulfr's head and the world began to spin. Fighting to maintain his footing he lashed out with sword catching a forth man on the forearm who howled in rage more than pain and returned the favour cutting Saewulfr across the chest. Just then 3 more bandits came from the side of the road and 5 more arrived on horse back with long spears. Saewulfr bared his teeth and charged on of the horsemen, it was a young nobleman he had had run ins with a month earlier. The Nobleman's horse skipped away backwards as two other horsemen dressed as Brigands intercepted him, on taking him in the shoulder with his spear, the other smashing the haft of his spear into Saewulfr's face. As his head rocked backwards sending the world realing Saewulfr was taken by the darkness.

"So this is how it ends..." he thought to himself as blindly pain exploded across his head again.

Everything was black.

As Saewulfr regained conciousness he was shocked to find himself lying in the muds, covered in blood, not of all of which was his. He heard the last bandit scream as a knight thrust his blade threw his face.

Still rocked from the blows to his head a thick cloud of groggyness clung to him in an almost impentreble haze. Struggling to make sense of what was going on, Saewulfr noticed two more men, dressed in the colors of a minor Stalhish house of nobility. Trying to raise to his feet pain shot through his body as the darkness once again claimed the young warrior.

Months passed before Saewulfr was fit enough to get out of his bed and walk arround, suring which time he learnt that his life had been saved by a minor nobleman by the name of Ulrich von Issenberg, who's own son had died in the skirmish.
Unable to repay the debt he had occured when Issenberg had saved him, Saewulfr swore himself as Ulric's Bondsman for life, a pledge that Ulrich turned down, however Saewulfr served at his side ever since as a loyal and fierce retainer (in Saewulfr's mind he is already dead, he only remains to serve Issenberg in an attempt to repay the life debt he feels he owes).

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Saewulfr is a young man in his early 20's he stands 5'10" tall and weighs in at 200lbs. His muscles are lean and he moves with a swift gait only found in the most agile of predators.

He wields a Falx and twin Fransisca's, he also wears a small shiled from time to time, and is occassionally seens with a spear (usually when hunting).

As all the above is simply a result of my overactive imagination and Saewulfr's backstory, I have built Saewulfr as if he is a Slave (He was born a Slave, lived as a low freeman for 3 years, and now he is a Bondsman which I am treating as absoloute subserviance and obediance).

He will most likely be built with some insight (So my character is on par with the gorups when I finally get to play).

He will have proficiecny in the Falx at level 9 (8 bought and one from race (we use Stalh stats for Savaxens... I think, Im AFB's)).

He will have an AG of 7 and a wit of 6.

His Flaws are:
Overconfident (he entertains absoloutly NO idea of failure... ever).
Berserker
Rage
and either
Oath (Ulrich)
or
Greed (Honour: He will do anything to gain honour fighting to the death against multiple opponents at even the slightest trace of an insult whether it is imagined or not).

To account for such an Acomplished background (winning several duels, serving as a Merc and Assassinating several targets) I will be purchasing the Gift that gives your character a well known rep. I'll also be giving him the highest CP possible.

His SA's are:

Passion: Loyalty to Ulrich
Oath: Bondsman to Ulrich
Drive: To be the most feared and respected (read: honored) duelist in Mainlund and the Savaxen and Pictish isles.
Faith: Wodin
Norse Honor (Variant form of Compassion used in our campaigns).

Saewulfr's phiolsophy is "Death before Dishonor".

I envision playing Saewulfr as a wildman who is only restrained by his bondage to Ulrich. I do not expect him to llive long, and thus I intend for him to be larger than life. He might not burn long but he'll burn bright. I'm hoping to get five or six sessions out of him beofre he is inevitably killed as a result of his short temper and/or wounded pride.

He is a Bladeslinger, a Duelist a Mercenary an Assassin and a Slave..

Well I think he'll be fun to play (I'm looking forward to his bad Irish.Scottish/Norse accent that I'll be using ;))

So anythoughts? Criticisms?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:54 pm 

Quote:
Passion: Loyalty to Ulrich
Oath: Bondsman to Ulrich
Drive: To be the most feared and respected (read: honored) duelist in Mainlund and the Savaxen and Pictish isles.
Faith: Wodin
Norse Honor (Variant form of Compassion used in our campaigns).

With these SAs where do you expect the referee to take the character over those anticipated five or six sessions? This isn't a criticism -- I'm just asking what you anticipate the referee will pick up on when he starts constructing the scenario(s) from these and the other PCs SAs.

Which SAs do the other PCs have in common or juxtaposed with these SAs?

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming