It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Introductions, and Tell us of your characters!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:54 am 

Hey Ian, it should be mentioned that Ulrich (or whatever his name will end up being) will be another PC and as such his SA's will be surrogate SA's to my own character.

I did not want to include far reaching or overly indepth SA's for this character as I honestly do not see him lasting that long. What I wanted to explore is a character that is so obessed with his own sense of "honor" that he is blind to all else, including the consequences of his actions.

In away I envision a tragic tail of a man that could not find his place in the world, he never knew love, nor freindship, all he knew was fear (not of death but of dishonor) and a longing to prove himself to the world.

By becoming Ulrich's Bondsman Saewulfr will be exposed to situations he never would have otherwise, and perhaps overtime the loyalty he has for Ulrich (because honor demands it) will grow into a loyalty derived from freindship rather than debt.

The GM simply needs to concentrate on the other PC's I have a feeling Saewulfr will take care of himself. He is not what I would consider a "Main Character" which is in a way what I find appealing about him, I just want to experience through him what a short but explisive life would be like.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:26 pm 

Erm, I'm Conners, pretty new to the world of TROS.

Haven't really played a game yet, so I don't have any TROS characters as such beyond ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:33 pm 

Conners wrote:
Erm, I'm Conners, pretty new to the world of TROS.

Haven't really played a game yet, so I don't have any TROS characters as such beyond ideas.

Hey man how's it going. Welcome to the boards, another Aussie and another Night Owl, good to have you on board!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 am 

Having been introduced as an adult to RPG by my husband, and subsequently having 2 young children, I have not had many characters, and only one in TROS. ;) I love the TROS system, though we played it in Harn's world. Any RPG for me is about the Character - I love the TROS spiritual attributes for this reason, so here goes... (I hope you were serious about wanting to see some detail Ian?!)

Favourite to date: Ramoth, a dragon :twisted: with a serious inferiority complex. She is alone and afraid in a world taken over by those pathetic, insignificant creatures that call themselves 'human'. She really wants to blast them all to kingdom come, but for one thing: "if they really are so pathetic, then why am I the last of my kind..." :? desperate to keep up the charade.

Elaan: A fay outcast (not sufficiently human-phobic) with a wolf friend. I haven't really got into this character yet, but she is quiet, aloof, keeps her own counsel and doesn't really trust anyone, including those she is journeying with at present. Though, some of them seem fairly decent, at least, I think so...

Shirani - healer mage who cannot stand to see anyone hurting, even if helping them is ridiculously dangerous. Nearly got raped once by an NPC, and lost the plot about it - betrayal of trust was devastating. She started out as a rather poor spell caster and through sheer will and determined application has become rather good. At least she doesn't fall unconscious much any more (during nightly practice). She has at least learnt how to protect herself - bow and arrow or shortsword will do nicely, and her long term companion looks out for her a lot more than she realizes- they make a great team.

Tanasha - thespian who plays the blonde bimbo to a tee, though she does have a weakness for shopping, pretty things and keeping clean (drives everyone to distraction by insisting on her daily bath). Actually high intelligence, but she has seen that men feel a bit threatened by that and that she is more likely to get what she wants if she plays down the smarts, looks helplessly feminine and flirts for all she is worth :roll: . Though this is a problem because she is claustrophic and can't stand people touching her. This has made her the queen of mixed messages. ( I can't understand why no-one has bashed her on the head yet - she thoroughly deserves it.) She can't decide whether to make a play for the wealthy merchant or the dishonoured noble. Her head says the merchant is more worthy of her, but that noble has the most amazing violet eyes....