It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Candy -- A Succubus (Note: Sexual References)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 pm 

The Succubus

A Succubus is a demon able to invade and shape the dreams of mortals. Its purpose in doing so is to affect an individual's actions; to lead them to sin. When a mortal sins as a direct result of the dreams the Succubus' tie to the mortal is strengthened. This gives the Succubus greater control over the mortal's dreams, making them more vivid, making it harder for the mortal to resist the suggestions of the Succubus.

The Succubus is able to take human form if it can cause a mortal to sin unto death. In other words the mortal (not a victim) must die as a direct result of sinning. This could include something as direct as dieing during sex outside of marriage, or something indirect like committing murder and being hanged when caught.

When the Succubus is in human form it invariably takes the form of a beautiful woman. The character will always catch the eye of someone attracted to women, be they male or female, but not necessarily stunningly gorgeous. The Succubus can stay in human form for precisely 24 hours, during which time it must cause a mortal to sexually sin or else it fades and returns to the spiritual realm. Should the Succubus cause a mortal to sexually sin then it is sustained for a further 48 hours. The Succubus cannot "bank" these sins. Whether it causes one mortal or ten mortals to sin in a 24 hour period the Succubus is only sustained for a further 48 hours from the moment of the last sexual sin. Furthermore the sexual sin must be with the Succubus, and the Succubus must be touching the mortal at the moment of orgasm in order to be sustained.

The mortal that sins loses two days of their life. Interestingly, if the mortal was going to die the next day through some sort of accident then the mortal dies at the moment of orgasm.

A Succubus is able to impregnate a woman. This involves leading a man to sexual sin and then leading a woman to sin. In essence the same process as for sustaining the Succubus.

Candy

Candy is a Succubus who long ago achieved human form. She works in a brothel in the city. Candy is no arch-villain. Rather, she works hard on not being noticed. Her objective is simply to sustain her human form.

Candy is a demon. Therefore, she is evil. However, Candy is self-interested more than outright evil. She will do a good act if, in the long run, this strengthens her position. As a demon in mortal form, she is occasionally asked by her master to perform a task. This allows the referee to introduce a handler, a more powerful demon capable of taking form for short periods at will, that is Candy's link to her master.

Candy cannot be killed. She is a demon, a spirit, destined to survive until the Judgement. If her human form is destroyed and she is within her 48 hour time limit then she is able to simply take human form somewhere else. It doesn't have to be the same human form. She can only do this if her mortal body is destroyed. "Destruction" is deemed to be the same circumstances under which a mortal of her stats would die. Her human form can be caused to fade if she is somehow restricted for 48 hours from bringing others into sexual sin. At that point she will return to her spiritual form and attempt to bring another mortal to death through sin, by invading their dreams.

Post subject: Re: Candy -- A Succubus (Note: Sexual References)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:02 pm 

This one is a work in progress. No stats yet. In terms of the character I would create a normal human female and give it the Major Flaw of Succubus. That way the character isn't super-powered; rather, they are a normal person with a secret.

Happy to discuss and flesh out the concept.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:49 pm 

Nice one. A very unobtrusive demon without the usual fire and brimstone, especially in the case of Candy, but still potentially quite insidious.

Just a quick question , though - to sustain himself, does a Succubus have to sexualy sin with a new person every 48 hours or would, for instance, an ongoing affair with the same married man suffice?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:21 am 

Grettir wrote:
Nice one. A very unobtrusive demon without the usual fire and brimstone, especially in the case of Candy, but still potentially quite insidious.

Candy is the ideal protagonist for the PC with a Faith that prohibits or inhibits sex outside of marriage. She is well suited for the situation where a PC has a Passion for a woman. Any number of situations can be presented where a PCs SA means they need Candy alive, but the only way to keep her alive is to compromise another SA.

Beyond such direct, confrontational scenes Candy is a handy NPC. She is a link to the spiritual realm. She has a wide network of contacts through clients and co-workers. She can be incredibly useful to the PCs -- and the more dependent on her they become, the more she will feel she can get away with, and the more she will feel she can call on the PCs to assist in tasks she needs done...

Really, it could be a long time before they even work out what she is.

Grettir wrote:
Just a quick question , though - to sustain herself, does a Succubus have to sexually sin with a new person every 48 hours or would, for instance, an ongoing affair with the same married man suffice?

In my world, it doesn't have to be a new person. It is the sin that sustains her. Also, from a plot perspective, an ongoing affair with one individual could be convenient. It may even be handy to have Candy genuinely love that person. For me, the greyer things are the better.

Just keep in mind that the person loses two days off their life every time. So from Candy's perspective, the longer she is with someone the greater the risk that they will die with her. She really wouldn't want a reputation for being with clients when they die. Bad for business, bad for anonymity.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:44 am 

Hey Ian, a good post with description of what she is. I look forward to seeing her stats, as she could easily be put into one of the genres my group is currently playing.

I actually think I prefer this fluff to that from OBaM, the self-serving nature of the demon's sins seems fitting to me. To me it is as if the demon entices others to hell in order to prolong its own decent into the pit.

I'm glad my thread has sparked the community into posting their beasties, it has made for very good reading, I fear however that now it is my turn to contribute ;)

Cheers and God Bless!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 am 

Crow Caller wrote:
Hey Ian, a good post with description of what she is. I look forward to seeing her stats, as she could easily be put into one of the genres my group is currently playing.

For your world, create Candy using Point Buy but with an extra 10% of points plus she starts with a Major Flaw (Succubus) so that's probably worth some points too. Keep in mind that she must be attractive but not one-of-a-kind gorgeous. Anonymity and her network of connections are her defense, not weapons or magic. And, in the end, while she may be fond of her mortal body it is in the end disposable.

Crow Caller wrote:
I actually think I prefer this fluff to that from OBaM, the self-serving nature of the demon's sins seems fitting to me. To me it is as if the demon entices others to hell in order to prolong its own decent into the pit.

It is a mystery as to whether there are demons who regret their participation in the fall. Candy certainly seems to prefer the mortal realm to the alternative...

Have fun with Candy.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:33 pm 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
Have fun with Candy...

...Everyone else does ;)