It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:37 am 

This is good!

After seeing so few of us post with any regularity, and now so many people joining us, it raises my hopes for the game's future!

Join me in battle Knave!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am 

Hey everybody, so glad to see a fansite! This game is alive and well, if elusive. I have managed to corrupt all my gamer friends so far. Muahahaha, we shall spread it like a virus of Greatness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:46 am 

As Lisrean has mentioned, we have corrupted our friends and I made several friends this very day who sounded interested in learning about the game. So! It's growing! We just need to wake up Driftwood or something to help it grow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:44 am 

trosfan wrote:
Hi!

You guys are just unbelievable! You joined the forum about twenty minutes after it was installed!

I'm going to keep working on the administration and configuration -- there will be more to see shortly.

Regards,

Ian P.

So You see, this Community is giong to grow and has up from the start more post than the trosforums the last 6 month.
And... the admin seems to be alive! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:05 pm 

Well just to continue the theme, thanks for a new place for the Riddle.

I mainly ref TROS and have been doing so since its original release. I have several articles that i wrote which were going to be used by the Driftwood staff in there products but due to lack of communication with any of the staff have been put on the back burner. If people are interested then i will post them here. They include a full set of rules covering Herbalism and a set of rules covering Ships and sailing, although that is in progress at the moment and some rules on breaking things and artillery rules in brief which came out of the article, this one was ok'd by Brian Leybourne and would have been published by now if it wasn't for the snafu that occurred over there at driftwood.

Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and i will post them.

I prefer the Companions rules for skills so most of the rules follow that set of guidelines, but with a little work i could convert them back i think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 pm 

Your rules for herbalism would intrigue me greatly.

Join me in battle Knave!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:11 pm 

Licheking wrote:
I have several articles that i wrote which were going to be used by the Driftwood staff in there products but due to lack of communication with any of the staff have been put on the back burner. If people are interested then i will post them here. They include a full set of rules covering Herbalism and a set of rules covering Ships and sailing, although that is in progress at the moment and some rules on breaking things and artillery rules in brief which came out of the article, this one was ok'd by Brian Leybourne and would have been published by now if it wasn't for the snafu that occurred over there at driftwood.

Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and i will post them.

I prefer the Companions rules for skills so most of the rules follow that set of guidelines, but with a little work i could convert them back i think.

Oh great! That sounds very interesting ....
Waiting for your post! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:49 am 

I'm interested in all of it, particularly the ship rules. I never did get the companion (and it looks like I may never get it).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 am 

Please do post/submit those articles! (I'm assuming you didn't give your publishing rights to Driftwood, otherwise you could get in trouble...) I'd suggest spacing them out over time so we have something to look forward to. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:01 am 

Daeruin wrote:
Please do post/submit those articles! (I'm assuming you didn't give your publishing rights to Driftwood, otherwise you could get in trouble...) I'd suggest spacing them out over time so we have something to look forward to. :)

Seconded. I'd love to see your articles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 pm 

No never gave the right s to Driftwood, because i never heard from them after Brian said he liked the articles.

Ok will post Herbalism and the Breaking things articles first and then i will work on finalizing the ship rules. Is it easy to post them and what is the procedure since i have no previous experience at posting things on the web.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 am 

Simply email any submissions to me -- I'll create the thread in the appropriate forum with a PDF attachment. You can then add comments to the thread as you see fit.

Just click on the email icon beneath my avatar, to the right of this post.

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 am 

Howdy there, all. I'm one of the fellows who've been trying to get validated on the official Riddle site for a while now. I was reading through one of the threads on the Driftwood site when I noticed the link leading here, signed up at trosfans.com yesterday, and saw this thread today.

Given the topic, then, I feel it is more than relevant to say thanks to you guys for keeping the Riddle alive, and that I'll be posting here more in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:42 am 

ArdentPurple wrote:
...I was reading through one of the threads on the Driftwood site when I noticed the link leading here, signed up at trosfans.com yesterday, and saw this thread today.

...I'll be posting here more in the future.

Fabulous! Have a look around there's a bit to download and there will be more as the months roll by.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:49 am 

I also wanted to say thanks for setting up the forums. I tried two weeks ago to register on the official forums, but that place just seems to be running on inertia at this point.

Sadly, I am coming to TROS a bit late. I was only tangentially aware of it until a couple of weeks ago when I took a look at the quickstart rules. It instantly clicked with me, and I set about on the (thus far difficult) task of finding the books. So far I've managed to snag TFOB and OBAM, but I've yet to find anyone selling the core book. If anyone knows where I can purchase a copy, I'd love to hear it.

My plan is to play some 1-on-1 games with my wife. She's definitely into the "warrior woman" archetype and I think TROS will prove interesting. Can anyone speak to their experiences with GM'ing a single player in TROS? My current thinking is that there might be an opportunity to put her in a role where she has NPC allies so that every combat does not need to be set up as a duel (but still allow for her to face off against one opponent at a time). The NPC's can be run through handwaving, or perhaps a simple system to decide their success in a skirmish based on a leader's tactic role, modified by the relative strengths of the forces.

Anyway, I'm veering off-topic. I hope this board manages to generate some discussions and enliven the community. Even several years later, I think TROS fills a niche that is otherwise underserved by RPG's.