It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 3:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Spiritual Attributes from the Infamous Caravan Adventure.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:38 pm 

When I ran this adventure for a group of people in my old role playing group, as soon as the final attack happened, Francisco walked up to his brother and tried to stab him in the kidneys with one of the arrows without being noticed. He failed, and the two got into a short fight in which Francisco was stabbed through the heart and his brother was stabbed through the kidney with the pugio dagger, fell unconscious and bled to death.

The timing of this betrayal, especially in the first wave of bandits, meant that by the time the second wave arrived, there was only Stephan and Geralt left. In a normal game, if I were the one with that SA, I would probably attempt to ruin the young man utterly, and then, when he has nothing left, I'd let him know it was me. It may or may not lead into a fight, which in turn may or may not end up in his character's death, but there is nothing wrong with traitorous characters so long as the players don't mind it.

Hell, one of the best villains I've ever had to work against was in a Star Wars game. She was a Sith apprentice who was also a member of our team, and not one of us knew, even after she killed our Jedi, until it was far too late. She went after our families and she continuously set up traps to try and kill us. And, because the villain was a PC, the possibility of getting royally raped at any moment was all too real. This upped the tension and made for, in my opinion, a far better story than if the GM had been playing this particular character.