It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Damage Table Questions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:41 am 

So, I have some questions about the damage tables. I'm hoping you can help me out. Apologies if these have been errata-ed before.

Cutting Zone I
Roll 5-6, Level 3
"You are swept off your feet automatically." On level 2 you roll KD at +2, and on level 4 you roll KD at -2. Does it make sense that on level 3 you get knocked down without a roll? I would change it to rolling KD at +0.

Cutting Zone III
Roll 2-3, Level 5
Roll 4-5, Level 4
"May lose consciousness." In other places it says to roll with a modifier, but doesn't specify what kind of roll. I'm assuming it means a KO roll. Nothing else would make sense.

Cutting Zone IV
Roll 5, Level 3
"Roll for feature loss..." There is no result for a roll of 4. I would assign it to the nose.

Cutting Zone IV
Roll 6, Level 4
"Character is unconscious and may not recover." Is this a regular KO, or is it more like a coma? What does it mean the character may not recover? Isn't that always true? I'm assuming it must mean coma.

Cutting Zone VII
Roll 1, Level 2
"May drop at -3." What kind of roll is this? I can't find it in Core. I've seen a fan sheet somewhere that specified a KD roll vs. TN 8. KD doesn't seem appropriate; how would your size help you hold onto something? I would make it a WP roll.

Cutting Zone VII
Roll 2-3 or 4, Level 4
The level 3 wounds (chipped bones and torn ligaments) indicate that you drop hand-held items automatically. Yet you don't drop anything with a broken arm or a shattered elbow? It just doesn't make any sense.

Puncture Zone X
Roll 3-4, Level 5
"As Level Five to the abdomen, above." The only abdomen wound above this one is a cutting wound (disembowelment), which doesn't make sense for a puncture. Is it supposed to be referring to the abdomen wound below? If so, that's a KO roll at -3, as opposed to instant KO on the lower level 4. Neither seems very appropriate.

Puncture Zone X
Roll 3-4, Level 1
"Pain drops by 10 after 1d6-1 minutes." The Pain rating on this wound is only 9-WP. It should drop by 9 at the most, not 10. The cutting damage to this same area only drops Pain by 5.

Most of these occur more than once in the table, although I've only listed the first occurrence.

OK, that's it. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Damage Table Questions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 am 

Daeruin wrote:
Cutting Zone I
Roll 5-6, Level 3
"You are swept off your feet automatically." On level 2 you roll KD at +2, and on level 4 you roll KD at -2. Does it make sense that on level 3 you get knocked down without a roll? I would change it to rolling KD at +0.
Agreed, but I don't think the +0 is worth mentioning itself. No modifier means just that. :)

Daeruin wrote:
Cutting Zone III
Roll 2-3, Level 5
Roll 4-5, Level 4
"May lose consciousness." In other places it says to roll with a modifier, but doesn't specify what kind of roll. I'm assuming it means a KO roll. Nothing else would make sense.
That's how I've handled it.

Daeruin wrote:
Cutting Zone IV
Roll 5, Level 3
"Roll for feature loss..." There is no result for a roll of 4. I would assign it to the nose.
I've set it to "partial nose".

Daeruin wrote:
Cutting Zone IV
Roll 6, Level 4
"Character is unconscious and may not recover." Is this a regular KO, or is it more like a coma? What does it mean the character may not recover? Isn't that always true? I'm assuming it must mean coma.
I've assumed coma, but I've no idea on the rules how to emerge from one.

Daeruin wrote:
Cutting Zone VII
Roll 1, Level 2
"May drop at -3." What kind of roll is this? I can't find it in Core. I've seen a fan sheet somewhere that specified a KD roll vs. TN 8. KD doesn't seem appropriate; how would your size help you hold onto something? I would make it a WP roll.
KD rolls are used vs disarm attempts in TFOB, so, KD is definitely meant here. Also, where do you find the connection between KD and size?

Daeruin wrote:
Cutting Zone VII
Roll 2-3 or 4, Level 4
The level 3 wounds (chipped bones and torn ligaments) indicate that you drop hand-held items automatically. Yet you don't drop anything with a broken arm or a shattered elbow? It just doesn't make any sense.
I'm figuring that since these render you arm completely useless, the dropping of the item is assumed anyway and is left out for the sake of space issues. There is no "instant knockdown" in the "death" entries either... ;)

Daeruin wrote:
Puncture Zone X
Roll 3-4, Level 5
"As Level Five to the abdomen, above." The only abdomen wound above this one is a cutting wound (disembowelment), which doesn't make sense for a puncture. Is it supposed to be referring to the abdomen wound below? If so, that's a KO roll at -3, as opposed to instant KO on the lower level 4. Neither seems very appropriate.
I think it should say "hip" instead of "abdomen" or at least that's how I've handled it. My Estonian translated entry says: "Weapon stuck in pelvis, lots of blood (knocked down)."

Daeruin wrote:
Puncture Zone X
Roll 3-4, Level 1
"Pain drops by 10 after 1d6-1 minutes." The Pain rating on this wound is only 9-WP. It should drop by 9 at the most, not 10. The cutting damage to this same area only drops Pain by 5.
Compare to female groin -- 5 must be correct. However, I'm not sure 1st level edged groin wounds should have equal healing times with 1st level blunt groin wounds...