It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Future of the Core Rules
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 am 

Greetings, I am new to this game, and find the ideas very interesting. I have been considering converting my D&D games to Riddle of Steel games, however I seem to have hit a snag. I can only get my hands on the Quickstart Rules. I have searched the web for a copy of the core book and failed. I have also received the impression from the original game forums that the company which makes them may be on its’ last legs. This is disappointing, but I can understand given the unpredictability of life.

What I would like to know is this, am I right in my supposition that the publishers are on the way out? Should they leave have steps been taken to ensure that the core rules will be available to new players, even simply as a PDF? Or will those of us just now discovering this game have to trust to the luck of Ebay? I really like what I have read so far, and hope that the system doesn’t vanish out from under its’ players.

Post subject: Re: The Future of the Core Rules
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:17 am 

I am hoping that we will be able to offer all of the PDFs -- including the Core Rules -- from this site in the near future.

Nobody knows what is happening to Driftwood or what the future will hold for the game.

On the upside there will be a lot of free material offered from this site.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:42 pm 

Thank you. I don’t feel so bad about introducing this to my players now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 pm 

Wiglaf, I don't know if you're still around, but I for one would be willing to answer any questions you have about rules. I'm pretty sure all the tables you need to play the game are downloadable in some form (the damage tables at least are available as nifty a software .exe by Brian Leybourne). With the basic understanding you have from the quickstart, plus tables, plus character sheets, you should be able to effectively run a full game by learning the details of the rules by word of mouth from us. Hey, look on the upside. When something comes up in-game and you don't know the rule for it, at least you won't waste time with your nose in the book ;-).

-- John