It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Guide for The Perplexed - Update?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:29 pm 
Happy New Year everyone.

I was just wondering if any further progress has been made on this project? I know everybody is probably very busy but, considering things seem fairly quiet on the forum at the moment, I thought I'd ask the question ;)

Post subject: Re: The Guide for The Perplexed - Update?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 pm 

Good question. There hasn't been any interest expressed in the project so I'm letting it sit. Unless I actually get a few people involved in the project -- that is, helping me write it, providing feedback, playtesting, and so on -- then it'll sit as it is now.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:30 pm 
That's only understandable Ian. I'd be happy to help in any way but I don't have much experience with TRoS as far as actual gameplay is concerned. I'm hoping to start using it for some gaming this year but my group doesn't meet as often as it used to (one of our main players is serving in Afghanistan at the moment).

I'm only too happy to proofread stuff and give feedback and I can perhaps run some solo scenarios for myself as a means for playtesting. I was really hoping this would take off after Driftwood collapsing and SatF not being completed.

BTW - was it not mentioned at one point that the original work of SatF might also be made available as the author was never made to sign a Non Disclosure?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:33 pm 

The GIT! wrote:
That's only understandable Ian. I'd be happy to help in any way but I don't have much experience with TRoS as far as actual gameplay is concerned.

Many thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it.

The GIT! wrote:
I'm hoping to start using it for some gaming this year but my group doesn't meet as often as it used to (one of our main players is serving in Afghanistan at the moment).

I hope and pray that your friend returns home safely in due course.

The GIT! wrote:
I was really hoping this would take off after Driftwood collapsing and SatF not being completed.

I thought that there would be more interest, for this very reason.

This magic system is of personal interest so I think it will be developed in due course.

The GIT! wrote:
BTW - was it not mentioned at one point that the original work of SatF might also be made available as the author was never made to sign a Non Disclosure?

This would be -- trickier. It would be bound to upset George if he ever found out. Let me have a think about this. I might make a variant of it available as a download only from this forum.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:49 pm 
Ian.Plumb wrote:
The GIT! wrote:
That's only understandable Ian. I'd be happy to help in any way but I don't have much experience with TRoS as far as actual gameplay is concerned.

Many thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it.

Only too happy to help Ian - after all, you're the one doing most of the work so it's the least I can do.

Ian.Plumb wrote:
The GIT! wrote:
I'm hoping to start using it for some gaming this year but my group doesn't meet as often as it used to (one of our main players is serving in Afghanistan at the moment).

I hope and pray that your friend returns home safely in due course.

You and me both!

Ian.Plumb wrote:
This magic system is of personal interest so I think it will be developed in due course.

That's good to know - I'd hate to see another proposed magic system for TRoS go the way of the Dodo.

Ian.Plumb wrote:
The GIT! wrote:

This would be -- trickier. It would be bound to upset George if he ever found out. Let me have a think about this. I might make a variant of it available as a download only from this forum.

I realise that this a potential quagmire but, in light of the fact that so many people did not get their money back after pre-ordering SatF, I don't really see how George can complain (especially when he neglected to get the writer to sign a non-disclosure). That said, I'm not in the business of causing unnecessary upset and two wrongs do not always make a right. If, however, it is possible to draw something up I think it would be nice to have it as another alternative magic system alongside the one you're working on. Perhaps life can be breathed in to the game yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:31 am 

Hmm...I truly hope you can make this download available.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 am 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
Good question. There hasn't been any interest expressed in the project so I'm letting it sit. Unless I actually get a few people involved in the project -- that is, helping me write it, providing feedback, playtesting, and so on -- then it'll sit as it is now.

Regards,

There is interest, at least here with me. What kind of help, input, feedback, etc. do you need? What and how exactly might I be of assistence?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 am 

Grettir wrote:
There is interest, at least here with me. What kind of help, input, feedback, etc. do you need? What and how exactly might I be of assistence?

Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate it.

This project is now on hold indefinitely. I am setting aside a slab of time for another, commercial project and it has to have priority. I apologise to anyone simply hanging out for a magic system replacement for TRoS Core.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming