It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: One Page Character Sheet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:18 pm 

Here is Henri's one-page character sheet.

Attachments:
TROS-1page_0.1.pdf [513.3 KiB]
Downloaded 449 times

Post subject: Re: One Page Character Sheet
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:35 am 

Why are the Stats capped at 7? That is a house rule not Errata. I know in my games we use the offical cap of 10.

Other than that its pretty good.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:57 am 

Well, I know the rule of 10, but reading this thread, I thought 7 dots to be enough. If you look a the priority table, Turin's theory for a 3,5 stat being average works well, since D row is the "average" or "standard" and spreading out 35 on 10 Attributes will earn you exactly an average Attribute of 3,5. I also liked Michael's view that the strongest should be 2x stronger, and 2x3,5=7... Plus, it's also the cap at the character creation, making it easier to follow. Or do you often have characters with attributes 8 or higher? I tried to emulate common practice with the sheet... and if your character indeed has something as an 8, feel free to carve another dot on the sheet with your pencil for that attribute. :)

As for the "dots", here's the legend:
- vertical bindings are to be coloured in full
- horizontal bindings are to include a numeric value (usually)
- constant binding is to be marked with + signs, as those values fluctuate often and +'s are easier to erase than full colour blocks
- skill advancement markers are to be marked with ticks (no room for other types of marking... and really not much point to make that room either. ticks work fine! :))

I added Fatigue under the wounds, to be marked as a Robinson Crusoe marked the passage of days... if that optional rule is used, and a Health field, to mark down the decrease of Health that occurs with Blood Loss.

I also divided pain to three... First field marks the effective pain that cripples your dice pools... Full pain is the unmodified pain you roll healing against, and the last field is the Robinson Crusoe type again, that marks how much you have healed (mark your successes there).

I didn't include the dummy, as it's mainly a mechanical device to determine the place of a wound and such... so, it's mainly business of the seneschal. And I also didn't include the priority field and I excluded sorcery (as this is how most of us play anyway!).

If the temportal and mental attributes section seems a bit clustered, it's because we're dealing with a direct port from my Estonian sheet. Boy, the English terms for attributes are long! Mental Aptitude... Wow! That's almost a sentence! All non-derived attributes are 6 characters or less in Estonian. :)

The skill section was also meant for my broader skills, which was one column only, but the two columns seemed with okay length. I printed the sheet out and wrote "Pickpocket" on it... there was even a bit room left over, so, that's okay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:59 pm 

Hey Higgins, the reason I mentioned the Stat Max is because I'm playing a Berserker right now with a ST of 7 and a TO of 8, these become 8 and 9 respectively when he Rages (as per the Flaw Rage).

Also I have to disagree with the surmising that the Strongest person is twice as strong as the average person. In reality the Average person is much weaker, and even in my "beefed up" Lifting Capacity they are Two and Half times weaker. In reality its probably closer to three times weaker.

So if the Average is 3.5 then the Max should be 8.75, whereas if the Average is indeed 4 like the books say it is, then the Max should be 10.

We can do this with MA too if we pretend for a minute MA is IQ (I know it isn't but its close enough for this example).

What we get then is your Average People (IQ 90 through to 110) have a Stat of 4, whereas a stat of Ten gives you an IQ of 220 (the Theoretical upper limit of IQ as far as measuring goes) and up. This make a Stat of 0 anything less than 20 which in real life is basically a non-functioning brain.

The exact IQ per Stat ratio is as follows:

Quote:
Stat IQ
0.....>22
1.....22 – 43
2.....44 – 65
3.....66 – 87
4.....88 – 109
5.....110 – 131
6.....132 – 153
7.....154 – 175
8.....176 – 197
9.....198 – 219
10....220+

Cheers and God Bless!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:27 pm 

Well, if the average is 3,5, then IQ 100 should the breaking point between 3&4, not the middle point of 4, but that's a minor difference.

Okay, the book says that the average is 4, but I'm talking of the actual practice here... Doesn't priority C seem a little high to you for getting completely "average" attributes? And C is one point less than flat average, really! Priority D sounds much more realistic for an average human, if you look at the other fields as well... 8/8 skills, prof. 4, low freeman, balanced out gifts & flaws... sounds like plain average to me.

I could add more dots, true, but the attribute names are so freaking long :)

I actually considered using the abbreviations like ST; AG etc, but that didn't sound right for a proper sheet.