It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Actual Play: Play Style.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 am 

Okay, so this thread is to discuss the Play Style that you would like during the upcoming Game I'm going to be running.

If you are currently not a Player in this Game and would like to be then please PM me or post your interest in the "What type of Game WOULD you like to play" thread. This thread is only for active participants. Thanks.

I'll start by posting an idea that I brought up with Grettit in PMs. Grettir has shown interest in a game that utilizes Director Stance, alot of Players however are not familiar or comfortable with it. So I suggested that we tie Director Stance in with Drama Points. So, if you wish to accomplish something in Director Stance you simply spend a Drama Point and away you go.

Because of the extra Payload this puts on Drama Points I thought I'd allocate each Player with perhaps 10 starting Drama, atleast 5 of which MUST be used to engage in Director Stance.

Let me hear your thoughts and ideas on this, and please voice what kind of Play Style you are interested in. For instance if everyone is interested in Director Stance then there is no need for any Drama Mechanic as everyone will simply be allowed to use Director Stance when they see fit.

So yeah, let us know your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers & God Bless!

Post subject: Re: Actual Play: Play Style.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 am 

Interesting way to play it I think, with drama points = directors stance. I am for the Directors stance of play only a little less than the other way. The reason is simply, I just have not tried it that way or am I familiar with it.

I'm up for it :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:38 am 

I like the use of Drama for Director Stance... which is basically how the Companion handles it (among other uses).

Now, another question. Are we going to use Luck in addition to Drama?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 am 

If the others want Luck in the Game then we will include it. However I'd prefer to not have it. To me the Spiritual Attributes are a real Driving Force of the Game and spending one on Luck seems like a waste to me. I would much rather stick to Drama which in my opinion encompasses Luck.

Still, let's hear from the others.

Cheers & God Bless!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:59 pm 

Just for the record, I agree with you a 100% on this. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:47 am 

Cool, well I'd like to hear what Jegol thinks, and also I want to give Grettir a chance to voice his opinions, he's be fairly quiet the last few days, he must been lost in RL somewhere :P.

Remember othing is in concrete at this point.

Cheers & God Bless!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 am 

The game should be about the characters so I don't mind if we don't use it. Drama basically does the same thing, and more.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 am 

Alright guys, I'm dying to play, so if anyone is still interested in this thing then I'll go ahead and create the Setting Creation Thread. Hopefully Grettir will be able to join us before too long, I guess he must have had another archaeological emergency, I just hope he and his people are okay.

So let me know if you're still interested and we'll get this thing started.

Also, as always New Comers are more than welcome, just shout out and we'll get you started.

Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:04 pm 

I've been busy, but sure, I'd love to see a setting creation thread. :)