It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

Itzcoatl strokes his chin. He's in a real tight-spot now. The Artefact is gone. And that slave implicated Layanna being behind it. If she truly has it, Itzcoatl is dead meat. It all makes sense now. The delay... and everything. Everything except the regards. She's never been as bold in stating her influence before. Did she finally come out in the open?

Itzcoatl's fingers calmingly run down the snake in his robes. No. Not that. He's never wanted her dead really.

"First and foremost," says Itzcoatl as he leans closer to his guard, "no word must reach out of what the slave said about Layanna. Secondly, I want her monitored at all times. I want to know who she meets and when, and if any items that are delivered to her that could conceal a foot-long item within, I want to know about that. Dispatch your best men on this surveillance task immediately. If you do catch the Descended slave, keep him alive at all costs and secure him in my... special chambers. Also, find out whether he has any relatives that we could use to lure him out... Secure those friends and notify me. That's all for now."

As the guard turns to leave, Itzcoatl says: "Oh, and if your partner really was bit, you'll need a new one. I'll leave the choice to you."

He will wait a bit to give the guard some time and then goes to Layanna. "Seems like we have to pool our other resources first. My quarters have been broken into. We have a rival that we don't even know about." He rubs his forehead.

Itzcoatl tries to act as he's very stressed, tired and mistake-prone, while actually trying to read Layanna. Is she shocked, or can Itzcoatl determine a satisfied undertone in her? If she really is behind it, she should be delighted that Itzcoatl is completely on the wrong tracks. At this point he's even considering praying to the gods for a sign.

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar - Temple Kitchens

Every instinct in Ghost Jaguar screams trap at him. This man either can not help him, or simply will not.

I have burnt my bridges and the river has flooded Ghost Jaguar thinks to himself.

Suddenly he pulls sharply on the artefact his right hand shooting up and balling into a tightly clenched fist, striking the Priest hard on the face with everything he can muster...

Quick and quiet is what Ghost is going for, he doesn't care if he kills the priest, he has dispatched several people since his capativity, on the behest of this priest or that. This time however if he must kill it will be for his daughter, and for himself.


Tell me what to roll and will, but then can take back up the story as this is phase one of a plan that could very well get the young hunter killed... :shock:

Cheers!

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Higgins, it is written explicitly into Ghost Jaguar’s back story that Itzcoatl knows at least about Ghost Jaguar’s wife and uses this connection to have this wife spy upon Layanna. Also, Itzcoatl knows, or else has just been told by Mizquitot, that the Servitors’ order to cordon off the mound and prevent anybody from leaving must have cut considerably in his own base of available trustworthy followers – a tight surveillance of Layanna is currently beyond Itzcoatl’s means.

Of course, you can pay a Drama point to free enough of Itzcoatl’s manpower ressources for such a task.

Also, make an immediate Perception roll TN 8 to gauge the degree to which Itzcoatl is able to read Layanna; his SAs to gain and retain power and to dominate Layanna apply. You must beat Layanna’s successes of 6 dice against TN 6:
[dice]frtukebrzb[/dice]
[dice]opfdboyzmv[/dice]
[dice]dokukewcoc[/dice]
[dice]hwelxvkzzz[/dice]
[dice]fdqubqgxaj[/dice]
[dice]kevpayecsl[/dice]

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Crow Caller, I decree that Camasoz is surprised and does not get a defense roll. As this probably isn’t going to be much of a fight, we use the normal combat rules.

Ghost Jaguar’s unarmed CP is 12 dice, plus 2 dice for his hate-Passion. The Drive doesn’t apply, because I can’t see how, even if he believes himself duped, he can think that striking Camasoz will aid his familiy. He has thus CP 14.

Punching is TN 5, going for the head is done at –1 die. Roll the number of d10 Ghost Jaguar allocates, and a d6 for hit location. I’ll see to the rest.

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
Grettir wrote:
Higgins, it is written explicitly into Ghost Jaguar’s back story that Itzcoatl knows at least about Ghost Jaguar’s wife and uses this connection to have this wife spy upon Layanna.
Oh, then it's obvious to Itzcoatl that this deal has been working the other way around. Change the slave-investigation order to secure Ghost Jaguars wife to the special chambers (not publicly!) and making sure some slave-friend of Ghost Jaguar hears about it. If the Descended cannot be found, it will have to work the other way around.

Grettir wrote:
Also, Itzcoatl knows, or else has just been told by Mizquitot, that the Servitors’ order to cordon off the mound and prevent anybody from leaving must have cut considerably in his own base of available trustworthy followers – a tight surveillance of Layanna is currently beyond Itzcoatl’s means.

Of course, you can pay a Drama point to free enough of Itzcoatl’s manpower ressources for such a task.
If my Allies gift (which was geared towards followers and personnel) will not help me on this, I'll spend it.

Perception vs. TN 8
[dice]qhyqwesfmr[/dice]
[dice]lszhuapzdd[/dice]
[dice]ethithpwrf[/dice]
[dice]qwauofhfrt[/dice]
[dice]qasrprvtna[/dice]
[dice]uigbyctdgj[/dice]
[dice]geolmudfst[/dice]

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

“You disappoint me, esteemed colleague”, Layanna sneers upon hearing the news. She’s full of scorn and derision as she continues: “Next, you're doubtlessly going to inform me that the very thing we have been talking about has now unfortunately been removed from your grasp. Now come on – would you yourself believe such a convenient excuse? And do you really expect me to fall for your desperate ruse?”

Layanna’s luscious lips curl in contempt. It is very much like her to disbelieve such a tale, as Itzcoatl himself has to admit that it seems hopelessly unbelievable, and it is also like her to show her contempt – but wait. Wouldn’t she normally hide it more behind honeyed sarcasm, be more ambiguous about it? Either she’s beyond herself with scorn and anger at what she perceives as a blatant attempt, or she’s actually feigning the derision that Itzcoatl would expect from her – and overdoing it.

If Itzcoatl is right, that can only mean that Layanna is neither disappointed nor surprised – because she has been expecting these news. And she could only have been expecting them if…Now it’s suddenly all making sense to Itzcoatl. But no. Where does Ghost Jaguar implicating Layanna fit into the pattern? Something does not quite fit, something seems to be eluding Itzcoatl…


Higgins, as Itzcoatl has for the first time been able to score some very minor victory over Layanna, even if it is no more than he thinks that he is seeing through her schemes without her knowing it, I award you 1 SA point to the Drive to dominate her. Also, don’t forget that the spent Drama Point does gain you an Insight point.

EDIT -- EDIT -- EDITAnd though it's only a minor point -- Miziquitot tried to convey that Ek Balam thinks that Ghost Jaguar was bitten by the quiau-adder, but Mizquitot himself doesn't think so. That's the lunge of the snake for Ghost Jaguar, too quick to see clearly. Just so you're clear that Itzcoatls has learned that Ghost Jaguar might have been bitten by a very dealy snake.

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Last edited by Grettir on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

"That, I do not know yet," grits Itzcoatl through his teeth, "but if you have kept your promise to keep..." he wets his lips, "our secrets, someone third must have seen us and we are both in danger. I'll have my men looking for the culprit and perhaps you, my reputable colleague, would have yours investigate whether our secrets have leaked... Or are you calling our deal off just because of a minor obstruction? As you're well aware of, nobody is to leave the city."

But something isn't right here, that's true. Why send her regards and putting up this act now? Just to make sure, Itzcoatl laid a trap on her. Will she accept this practically impossible task on what she can report Itzcoatl any lie she wishes? Well just see. :twisted:

Now it is Itzcoatls time to stall. He will take the bargaining as long as he can to have the surveillance set up and if he's very lucky, maybe even Ghost Jaguar's wife to be lured away while he's occupying her mistress here.

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar - Temple Kitchen

[dice]osogxyrgey[/dice]
[dice]fcdtsslqyy[/dice]
[dice]zedftszaho[/dice]
[dice]wuqvlxzkmf[/dice]
[dice]qzfilwgjzg[/dice]
[dice]dmhvmicabz[/dice]
[dice]suhpurczes[/dice]
[dice]jbkfiufphi[/dice]
[dice]pdnygnzgis[/dice]
[dice]piuhluletu[/dice]
[dice]eaoyfdgnev[/dice]
[dice]ruyfueomfd[/dice]
[dice]zkguwkorqs[/dice]

Hey Grettir, the very next thing Ghost Jaguar intends to do is summon Itzcoatl... it is a desperate attempt but to Ghost Jaguar it is the only way to save his daughter. The idea being he offers up Camasoz and the Shoatl and informs Itzcoatl of the Priest's theft (and including his own actions stating he had no choice as the Priest was using his daughter against him... it'll come out better when I type it ;)), that said I would say that he is very much driven by his daughter's safety (to the point he is wiling to sacrifice himself).

So I'll put four extra dice here, and you can decide whether or not to use them:

[dice]eqxiwlmsde[/dice]
[dice]bkggytlcol[/dice]
[dice]vfjftavmsa[/dice]
[dice]pizbvreaeg[/dice]


Cheers.

PS: I am under the belief that this encounter is happening before Itzcoatl's order to capture Ghost's wife is given, (or around the same time, this is important as he will see Ghost was handing himself in before he took Ghost's wife, or atleast certainly before Ghost could have heard about it).

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

Layanna grimaces. “Suppose I go along with your charade”, she says. “But first, I want to see with my own eyes that your quarters have been raided – right now. And don’t try to play me for time. Before the clave, you cannot have known what I would demand of you after it, so you could not have false evidence of a raid prepared beforehand – but you might have given your man orders to stage it now. I will not give him that time. We will go to your dwelling immediately and without delay, and if I see no evidence of a raid or find your people in the process of manufacturing them…”

She begins to move off. “Let us go”, she says. “If I am satisfied with what I find in your quarters, I might consider not abandoning my forebearance towards you.”


Higgins, I hope you’ve seen the edit of my last post. And I need to know wether Itzcoatl goes along with Layanna’s will – though I guess he does.

And, Crow Caller, as you've forgotten to roll d6 for the hit location, I take the liberty to do it in your stead:
[dice]ivnhhwhabd[/dice]

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Grettir wrote:
And, Crow Caller, as you've forgotten to roll d6 for the hit location...


:oops:

Sorry.

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Ghost Jaguar. Kitchen tract of the temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

With his left, Ghost Jaguar pulls the rotund priest into the blow he delivers with his right, his knuckle going for the vulnerable thin bit of bone above the corner of a man’s eye. The impact splits the skin of the knuckle, but Ghost Jaguar feels the bone of the priest’s skull shatter. Camasoz releases his grip on the Shoatli and slumps down.

Ghost Jaguar bends low, feeling for Camasoz skull, registering how it gives and moves under his probing fingers – a major fracture of the skull, and for sure also an equally major concussion to the brain.


So Ghost Jaguar has killed a hated priest who he thought wanted to use him as a pawn. That’s worth 1 SA point to the hate-Passion.

In taking the narrative any further, please don't take have Ghost Jaguar move more than two rooms away from the scene of the murder before giving me an opportunity to get another word in.

And yes, Itzcoatl and Ghost Jaguar are at about the same point in time; if anything, the order to secure Ghost Jaguar’s wife is given slightly earlier than Ghost Jaguar meeting Camasoz. The guard has immediately run off to Itzcoatl after Ghost Jaguar had fled the apartment, but Ghost Jaguar wasted some time scrounging and evading guards before finally getting to Camasoz; this scrounging is actually well in keeping with Ghost Jaguar's Overconfidence Flaw.

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar - Temple Kitchen

The young hunter stares down at the Priest, it would have been better if he had lived, but dead will suffice... hopefully.

Ghost Jaguar drags the corpse behind some large jar, his skills as a hunter and tracker serve him well to quickly conceal the body from anyone enter through the door, however the concealment is only a temporary thing.

Opening the door to the room Ghost Jaguar steps into the hall and grabs the nearest slave.

"You!" He says, his voice that of a slave that enjoys some degree of authority. "His emminence Comasoz requests the presence of lord Itzcoatl... immediately, it is about the preporations for today's precidings. Tell him it is in regards to the costume, he wants to make sure the god isn't missing anything."

With that Ghost Jaguar reenters the room and closes the door behind him. Barring the door with a large pot and his spear... he then lays out Comasoz' body making him as presentable as possible, the Shoatli he wraps up in the tunic he scrounged and conceals in another pot hidden near the back of the room. Then he settles in to wait, thoughts of his wife and daughter running through his mind.

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
Yep, Itzcoatl goes along. It suits his needs to keep Layanna occupied, wherever that might be.

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Ghost Jaguar. Kitchen tract of the temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

Ghost Jaguar has only just finished dragging the heavy jar to the portal and has not even moved back deeper into the room whenhe is startled by the sound of a palm striking the godstone of the door – the usual way of knocking on these massive doors.

“Master Camasoz?” A woman’s voice, certainly not young anymore, using the address of a slave. “Are you still in there? You are urgently needed in the bakery.”

There’s a slight trembling of the slider as the woman tries it, and finds it locked.


Does Ghost Jaguar do anything at all or does he just hope she’ll go away?

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar - Temple Kitchen

Ghost Jaguar let's out a long slow breath. Preparing to recite the same words he has used a thousand times when his own master had indicated he did not wish to be interupted, at all.

Moving the jar half a foot he cracks the door at looks down at the slave girl...

"His eminence is conducting business and expresses the desire not to be interupted, he is very adamant about this. I suggest you return to your station and take care of the problem immediately, and if it is not taken care of by the time his emminence is finished here, heads will roll. Now if you'll excuse me."

With those words Ghost Jaguar closes the door again and moves the pot into place, wedging it between the door and a large shelf. Then he slides the spear into place.

He has no idea if the slavegirl belives him, however it should be awhile before she reports anything, lest her report is wrong and the priest really did want to be left alone.

It should not be too long before Itzcoatl arrives. Atleast Ghost Jaguar hopes it will not be long.

"Please Beatiful Flower, stay safe, and you too my Laughing Bird..." The Hunter sits in to wait.

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group              Designed by QuakeZone