It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 am 

Grettir wrote:
Ian, “that man” was Shaq-Atli, Pac's closest assistant; and it remains to be seen wether he’s dead or just severly injured. And yes, the scene was pretty dramatic, I'd say; rather cool to visualize the flow of events.

Of course! Shaq-Atli! Pac loved him like a brother! How cool that one so completely unencumbered by greatness could bring the Servitor low and provide Itz with his opportunity!

And now we know Itz is no whimp. His moment came and he seized it! I really look forward to seeing how Itz develops from here. Will this be an epiphany for him? The moment when he sees himself outside the prism of his relationship with Layanna, and moves on to something greater? Or will this epochal event simply be seen as the culmination of his rivalry with Layanna?

And can I say just how funny it is that the great warrior is playing with his new toy while the cynical priest has taken centre stage and -- somewhat reluctantly perhaps -- become the great warrior and leader of men? Who would have foreseen this? Who could have?

Great stuff guys. Well done!

OK, quick question for all -- do you want me to step back in to play as An-Ara? Or are you happy to play this with two active characters?

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 am 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
OK, quick question for all -- do you want me to step back in to play as An-Ara? Or are you happy to play this with two active characters?

Two characters seem to be working, but if you'd like to step back into the action, don't hesitate to. I'll gladly go either way.

Which reminds me of Insight. I've decided that if a player creates a character and plays him at least for a bit, the seven initial SA points should also concert to Insight, like Crow Caller requested. So you would have not 13, but 20 Insight, though you need of course not use them for An-Ara, should you decide to play her. Anyway, I suggest you note down this amount somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:09 pm 

Itzcoatl. The square in front of Pac Utal’s townhouse.

Itzcoatl crouches near the Servitor and takes his bloody left hand of the corpse and presses it on his right cheek, leaving there the mark of a big bloody hand. Then he rises and casts a hard look to everybody on the square. "I have seen three divine beings die today!" his booming voice echoes in the shocked silence. "We have slain the traitor Servitor," he displays the bloody spear. "We have slain the murderer!"

Itzcoatl rises the spear high three times above his head and releases a roar every time he does it. Awed by this unbelievable course of action, it doesn't take long before the crowds follow his lead.

"Haoo, haoo, haooo!! Haoo, haoo, haooo!! Haoo, haoo, haooo!!"

Then Itzcoatl stops abruptly and so does the crowd.

"Nahuatec!" commands Itzcoatl motioning the old warrior to close up to him. Itzcoatl dips his left palm in the Servitor's blood and then presses it on the right cheek on the commander and announces ceremonially: "Slayer!"

Then he proceeds to mark the ten warriors that came along with him, announcing them Slayers as well. And then motions that this group of ten would likewise mark everyone on the square, priests, warriors and artisans alike. And even the dead ones, including Pac Utal and P'tarn.

"You all have been spared! Nobody with the mark of the slayer will be blinded nor killed today! Cheer for the Eleven Slayers and their King!" his voice booms again and he raises his bloody spear high in the air.

"Haoo, haoo, haooo!!"

Michael, Itzcoatl would like to address the artisans as well, but I simply stopped here for any your input to the scene.

Ian, I'm fine with you re-joining as Ar-Ara.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 pm 

Haoo? :lol:

Higgins, I'm totally fine with you going ahead and wraping up the scene in any way you like, keeping in mind the following: Itzcoatl has previously incited all the warriors to violence against the Servitor, so they are somewhat "caught" with Itzcoatl and his cause; the artisans shouldn't be a problem likewise. The priests and acolytes, though, will be more of a problem -- I have mentioned previously that many of them are Ixcal's genuinely pious adherents. The recent events have shaken their conviction, and they are also somewhat "caught" with Itzcoatl; it is thus possible for him to bring them over to his side, but not without either spending 1 Drama or rolling. Depending on the approach Itzcoatl is choosing, this migh either be Theology (for clever arguments why the deceased God and Servitors were indeed forsaken by the Mountain) or Orate (for a moving speech) or Intimidate (for fanning their fear that they have to go along with him and see this through if they want to avoid divine punishment) or even Leadership (for trying to play on their habitual obedience to a high priest). The attribute would in any case be Social, and power-Drive and hate-Passion would serve as bonus dice (don't forget the points I've awarded you; you have not yet written them down). Each success will bring about 20% of the present priests firmly into Itzcoatl's camp.

Post wether you want to spend Drama or roll, and if so with what skill, and then roll right away. You may also narrate the outcome of this roll (if any) yourself, keeping in mind that every success will most likely initially sway more than just 20% -- these additional priests will be with Itzcoatl for now but will soon get misginvings about teaming up with him.

Should you want Itzcoatl to return to the temple after havig resolved the situation please don't take your narration until there right away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 am 

Grettir wrote:
Haoo? :lol:
Haha, maybe I missed my mark with expressing throat sounds in English.. it was meant to represent some kind of warcry...

All the named skills are equal. I'm torn between using Intimidate and Leadership, but I'll go for the latter as Itzcoatl has already put his main bet on the eleven brave warriors... to whom he wants to inspire, not to frighten. I'll roll and then continue describing the scene. Theological debate can be overruled by any God or Servitor and moving speech isn't really his thing. :lol:

Soc 7+3+1 vs Leadership 6
[dice]qlwmhklwuo[/dice]
[dice]gwxxjnrqnj[/dice]
[dice]waxhcotajk[/dice]
[dice]fwtqiqkwpq[/dice]
[dice]nncafsopik[/dice]
[dice]grrulrevdj[/dice]
[dice]xaankwdapq[/dice]
[dice]squlejupya[/dice]
[dice]qvsizoligj[/dice]
[dice]gwtdzutpil[/dice]
[dice]cwkmqzkrgb[/dice]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:51 pm 

Itzcoatl. The square in front of Pac Utal’s townhouse.

At first, breaking out of the mold is hard, but as the first terror vanishes, Itzcoatl feels that this is what he's wished for a long time. He was glad serving the Gods... but only until they started showing up and interfering with his business. It's about the time to show those bastards that it's healthier for them to stay on the mountain.

"We have achieved today what nobody else has before us!" He points his spear to the Servitor. "No man before us has punished a Servitor for both mundane crimes and divine. And no man before us has never punished a Servitor!"

"But raising one's hand against a messenger of the mountain is still blasphemy!" The blunt response comes from Tenoch, one of the most loyal followers of Izcal.

"I have already said nobody with the mark of the Slayer will be blinded nor killed today. Are you intending to wash it off?" Itzcoatl's hard stare drops to the corpse of Ixcal, the only person on the square without the bloody mark, and then elevates again to the Tenoch. An audible gulp is heard from the young priest as he backs down, but still keeps his stare on Itzcoatl if the high priest has turned away.

"It is indeed true, that nobody with the mark of the Slayer shall be killed nor blinded. Anyone claiming the opposite is defying the divine and must be put down! Only by helping to enforce this law can one gain the true mark of the Slayer. The mark of justice!"

"I will remember you all!" Itzcoatl motions his spear circularly as if pointing to everyone. "And you will remember what you have seen today! The justice will prevail on beings both mundane and divine!"

Itzcoatl raises the bloody spear above his head with a warcry once more... and the crowd on the square follows him.

"Artisans!" says Itzcoatl. "I have seen your workshop... and you all must realise that half your work is yet undone. How long will it take for you to complete the other statue?"

Unless the artisans are completely witless, they will of course understand that Itzcoatl demands an equal if not greater statue of himself next to Layanna's.

"Also, I want to speak with closest of kin to your late master Pac Utal. The rest of you, put the Servitor back in the palanquin."

Michael, did Itzcoatl realise what was the Artefact the Servitor used for fighting the warriors? If they march on ahead to the temple, he'll pick that up to his right hand (or wherever it's appropriate to wear). He intends to walk to the temple as a leader of men, leaving the blood covered palanquin to the servitors corpse, and using the bloody spear as a walking stick.

As for Pac Utal's next of kin, he wants to see if his poison supplier's business had any inheritors... so he could order more of that poison that was effective for the Servitor. And were the symptoms different from the poison that was used on the God?

Oh, and I seem to have missed the reason Hector stated for leaving... is he coming back at all?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:17 pm 

Higgins, Hector has stated no reason at all, and I don’t expect him to come back. Punchau and Palaluca are currently still hidden in a secret room known only to Shaq-Atli and An-Ara.

As for the Servitor’s gadget – no, Itzcoatl has no idea which one is the right one. It might be the mask, or one of the massive jade rings or pendants. Itzcoatl will simply have to take along all the stuff from both Servitors; the other one has something interesting as well, as evidenced by his brain-reading trick.

The closest of kin of Pac Utal would be his severely injured cousin Shaq-Atli. As he is unable to speak to Itzcoatl right now, another cousin, Malinalco, will step in. Malinalco is quite pliable and will readily tell Itzcoatl that there is also a sister, An-Ara, who is closer related to the late Pac Utal than even Shaq-Atli, but that she is not present and that nobody knows where she is. Which is true, as Pac has sent her on a clandestine errand and nobody but Shaq-Atli does know of Pac’s illicit business.

If you don’t want anything special or important from Malinalco, you can just write a short paragraph summing up Itzcoatl’s short talk with him; I will then take up the narrative with the way back to the temple. If you want something important or tricky, we’ll have to spend more time on this.

And by the way, the symptoms of the poisons – Itzcoatl being the only one with strong reason to suspect that poison was involved – were clearly different.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:59 pm 

Itzcoatl requests Ar-Ara to be informed that he has requested services of all branches of their business. If the man looks confused, he'll just ask to deliver the message as told. And of course, he will ask about how quickly the other half of the work can be completed... a many coloured statue of him as high or even higher than the current one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm 

In place of a false god Itzcoatl offers them a false priest. Ohhh the mountain's gonna shake when they hear of this, that I'm sure of. I wonder if there'll be anything left to salvage after they destroy Oz... ?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:25 pm 

Itzcoatl. Somewhere near the temple-citadel.

Upon Itzcoatl’s question for the heir of Pac Utal, there is some shuffling among the artisans until a youth steps forth and identifies himself as Malinalco, younger brother to Shaq-Atli, the man who has taken down the Servitor, and cousin to the late Pac Utal. Malinalco informs Itzcoatl that he is third in line to inherit, after the gravely injured Shaq-Atli, who may not survive, and Pac Utal’s siter An-Ara, who is currently abroad in the city – none of the artisans knows where, but they are confident that she will return soon.

Hoping that some of Pac Utal’s relatives were also privy to his business as poisoner, Itzcoatl orders Malinalco to tell An-Ara that he intends to retain all her business’ services, and he also orders him to immediately begin the work of creating a ststue like the one of Layanna, but this one depicting himself, and in even grander style. The youth is quick to assure the high priest full compliance, but apologizes for being unable to predict how long the work is going to take without the guidance of the late Pac Utal’s skilled hand.

Itzcoatl realizes that the frightened youth seems really unable to tell him anything definite and so he decides not to terrorize him any further; there are pressing matters in the temple he has to attend to anyway. He orders the second Servitor’s corpse to be loaded into the back into Layanna’s palanquin and then leans after it into the privacy of its enclosed wooden box to remove the less conspicuous of the Servitor’s trinkets and place them on his own body. He then repeats this procedure with the Servitor with the fused wrists, stripping him of his rings and pendants and ornaments and leaving him nothing but his mask.

After he is finished with inconspicuously looting the dead, he orders the train to return to the temple-citadel, himself walking at its head like a conqueror, brandishing the spear sticky with divine ichor.

As the rapidly sinking sun plunges the courtyards and walkways into lenghtening shadows, the temple-citadel with its stepped pyramid looms taller with every step. Itzcoatl traverses a roofed-over hallway not far from one of the gateways into the temple complex when a robed figure appears enters the broad corridor from the opposite side and rushes towards him and his retinue. Itzcoatl does soon recognize him as Mixaltzin, a young novice of sixteen years and a cousin of his of the second or third degree – Mixaltzin’s great-grandmother was also Itzcoatl’s grandmother. Two years ago, the ambitious young novice had thrown his lot in with his powerful relative and has since become one of Itzcoatl’s more promising supporters.

“Reverend Father”, he gasps, “I came as soon as I could, as soon as I learned of it – you must not return to the temple. It’s the Reverend Mother Layanna – she has learned what you have .. done, and she has informed the other high priests. Your deed has brought the entire temple behind the Reverened Mother. The other high priests lend their support, and they are planning to allow you and the other, erm, blasphemers back into the temple only to be immediately surrounded and slain.”

Itzcoatl is shocked. How on earth could have Layanna have learned of the proceedings so very quickly? “And all the others support her?”, he asks Mixaltzin. “Even Nahuahauqui?”

“I can’t tell if the Reverend Mother Nahuahauqui does readily support he Reverend Mother Layanna”, Mixaltzin answers. The animosity between the older Nahuahauqui and Layanna is no secret, and something Itzcoatl. has long been playing on to neutralize Layanna’s growing influence in the conclave. Stern Nahuahauqi is no friend of Itzcoatl, but she detests Layanna. “As soon as I learned what the Reverend Mother Layanna is intending to do, I hurried to inform you, Reverend Father. There has not yet been any closed session of the conclave, the Reverend Mother has simply addressed the entire temple in public and whiped it into a frenzy against you, my Lord. In that fevered atmosphere, the other high priests could nothing but condone the Reverend Mother Layanna’s plan to murder you as soon as you would re-enter the temple. They did not hesitate to throw their lot in with her and condemn you, Reverend Father, though I have to admit that the Reverend Mother Nahuahauqui spoke last in support of the Reverend Mother Layanna. I slunk away soon after, just as the Reverend Mother Layanna was giving orders to Tlatoani” – Nahuatec’s right-hand man – “to recall the warriors guarding the perimeter of the city into the temple.”

By Itzcoatl’s estimate, there should be about 50 warriors in the temple itself, whereas he himself has about 20 at his immediate disposal. A further 100 are stationed in a ring around the city on the uppermost slopes of the mound to prevent anybody from leaving Ozomatli, and a further 30 to 40 should be near the foot of themound, either in the earth-oil fields or on the edge of the jungle. At least the 100 around Ozomatli’s perimeter are currently being recalled by Layanna, but with Nahuatec, Itzcoatl should be able to reroute the greater part of them to him before they reach the temple, should he so choose.

What now?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:26 pm 

Ghost Jaguar. A cellar underneath Ozomatli.

Almost as a second thought, Ghost Jaguar is asking for a yet another thing, wether the Shoatli can force people to abase themseles before him as if he was a Servitor himself – he dares not saying as if he were a God. The mutilated Servitor in the acquiesces to the request, and Ghost Jaguar is shown yet another complicated set of subtle finger movements on the godstone rod and the accompanying hand motions.

Ghost Jaguar yearns to learn to tap the powers of his artifact even more deeply, but he dares not. Already, night must be falling on the surface, and time is pressing on him to get his wife and daughter out of the clasp of Layanna. He longs to go, but something is keeping him, some sense of alarm and dread, as if he was in the jungle and just knew that somewhere, unseen, there was a Huatlan beast stalking him. His hairs stand on end. Why, just why does the abominable Servitor aid him?

Anyhow, if there is some trap, he fails to see it – nothing to do but take his leave.

“From the bottom of my heart I do thank you for what help you have given me”, Ghost Jaguar says, “but now it is time for me to leave and—“

“Man, you have tarried too long”, the song of the dwarf interrupts Ghost Jaguar. “Events have outpaced you. Your former master has murdered the Servitors. Your enemy has learned of this and gained control of the temple. She is laying a trap for Itzcoatl, which he cannot overcome, only avoid. He is learning of this only now. War between them is inevitable. They are evenly matched, she in the temple and him in the city – the fighting will be drawn out and bloody. In the meantime, the Mountain will learn what has transpired and retaliate. When he does so, he will find hispowers to do so much diminished, but still, torn asunder by war, Ozomatli will be unable to resist and perish utterly”

While Ghost Jaguar listens in terror, the hauntingly beautiful but emotionless voice sings on: “You can get into the temple in time, but then you and your family will be captured there by Itzcoatl besieging it and perish with the rest of Ozomatli when the Mountain descends upon it. For the city to survive, and for your family to survive, the balance must be upset. You and the Shoatli can do this.”

“You have to lend your support to either side, to help it overcome the other in time”, the tiny man continues to relay the Servitor’s message. “I advise you support Itzcoatl. He wants to kill you and take the Shoatli from you no less than Layanna does, but unlike her, who holds your wife and daughter at ransom, he has nothing to threaten you with but your death. But even if he kills you that death would make your family worthless to Layanna and thus save them.”

Well, Crow Caller, what now? Does Ghost Jaguar believe the Servitor? And if so, what does he do? Does he follow the advice? Or what else is it going to be?

Also, have I already awarded you SA points to your Drive for gaining use of the Shoatli?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 pm 

Grettir wrote:
By Itzcoatl’s estimate, there should be about 50 warriors in the temple itself, whereas he himself has about 20 at his immediate disposal.
By the 20, you mean the Slayers? And how many of those 50 are loyal to Itzcoatl (assuming that they still live).

Itzcoatl. Somewhere near the temple-citadel.

The news move shockingly fast indeed, but it's not the time to worry about that since the immediate survival is the more pressing issue. Itzcoatl dismisses the boy and tells him to keep out of sight... If he learns anything new, he wants to know of it.

Then Itzcoatl turns to the others. "The Gods have decided to test our faith!" he announces. "The rest of the priesthood has gone mad as they don't believe murderers deserve the harshest punishment. I have just been informed that they have decided to have the bearers of justice executed. Looks like we have a lot of Slayer marks to earn on the infidels! We have nothing to fear as we have the divine justice on our side!"

"Nahuatec! The warriors are being summoned from the city borders! We need to have them as much as possible on the side of the righteous! We need more Slayers!"

At this point Itzcoatl is considering discarding his priestly robes for the servitor's more alien outfit, but he feels that the priesthood he has recruited here isn't ready for that kind of transition yet. How many priests he has there, btw?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:54 pm 

Crow Caller, I've seen you've recently visited -- have you missed Ghost Jaguar's return to the playing field or has something untoward happened in your real life (hope not, of course)?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:45 am 

Ghost Jaguar - Underground Ozimatli

"You are right, I have tarried too long, I must go" bowing deeply the young hunter thanks the servitor for his guidance. Turning he sees a large warrior approach him.

"Come." is all the warrior utters before turning and leading Ghost Jaguar through a tunnel he had not used before. After a short walk the warrior waves his hand and the godstone wall infront of them opens. On the other side is a natural cavern, one of the caves that the city folk grow their mushrooms in, the warrior motions for Ghost to step through.

"This way will lead you to the basement of a Mushroom farmer's warehouse near the base of the Temple complex. Fare well." with those words the warrior closes the wall leaving Ghost Jaguar to his thoughts.

As the young hunters eyes adjust to the darkness he is curious to find that the moss that grows in the caves seems to be luminescent. Taking a deep breath Ghost turns towards the passage and after only the briefest hesitation, sets off at a run.

Arriving at last to the end of the cavern, Ghost Jaguar quickly discovers a ladder protruding from the wall, and the roof above him is fashioned from godstone not rock. Climbing quickly he pushes aside a heavy stone door and rolls into the warehouse basement. Making his way up the stairs quickly and quietly Ghost moves through the warehouse and out into the street beyond.

The sky is growing dark by the time he breaths the fresh air again. Looking up at the looming Temple barely a hundred yards away, the young hunter squares his shoulders.

Just then a loud noise errupts from behind him, it is a gathering crowd their voices raised, some in exaltation, some in anger, most simply in panic! Ghost Jaguar slips into the dark shadows near the warehouse as he sees the form of man walking his way, followed by a crowd of priests, warriors, and peasants.

Itzcoatl? Ghost thinks to himself.

Sorry for my absense guys, life's just been a bit busier than usual. I should be able to post more regularily again now.

Cheers & God Bless!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:55 am 

Argh, Crow Caller! I distinctively remember having asked you not to remove Ghost Jaguar from the Servitor’s presence but to merely announce it and to leave the actual framing of the scene to me. :? Seems you have forgotten: Anyhow, it’s no biggie. I have taken the latter half of your previous post, slightly changed it and affixed it to the following; please edit that passage out of your previous post.

And you’ve also created a bit of a problem by forgetting that the entire mound and all the caves in it are of earth, not stone – there is little possibility to hide any secret doors into any basements. I had to change some details to account for that.

Ghost Jaguar. A cellar underneath Ozomatli.

“Come” is all the warrior utters before turning and leading Ghost Jaguar out of the Servitor’s eerie presence. In the antechamber, Tlaxha is still wating anxiously for his Descended friend. The massive warrior nods to the fat man and motions to another doorway than the one Ghost Jaguar has entered by previously.

Tlaxha hurries to lead Ghost Jaguar down the short narrow corridor, asking over his shoulder how the audience with the Night King has gone. Ghost Jaguar can only give the shortest of answers before Tlaxha resumes talking. It seems he is eager to share the secret he has kept.

“He is a great prophet”, Tlaxha whispers into the darkness ahead, his voice low with reverence. “He is blind and deaf and mute, but in the darkness, his mind walks the pathways of the future. He … sees within. What he has seen has made him flee the Mountain. The Gods, they want to hunt him down. Less than a month after his flight, they re-emerged.”

“What is it he has seen within, Ghost Jaguar asks of his friend’s fleshy back.

“I don’t know what he has seen. All I know is that he is an enemy of the Mountain, and that’s all I need to know.”

With a manipulation hiden by his bulk, Tlaxha opens the godstone wall in which the corridor ends to reveal an opening barely large enough for hm to squeeze through. On the other side is the damp darkness of a natural cavern, one of the warres that the city folk grow their mushrooms in. Tlaxha motions for Ghost Jaguar to step follow him into the cave and continues talking about the Night King: “You see, he doesn’t talk much. He often sleeps for many days in his capsule, tended by his tiny servant. Or maybe he does not really sleep but wakes. I understand that the Gods have imprisoned him and a few others like him in the darknes inside, where their divine minds measure unspeakable truths without the intrusion of the outside world.”

Tlaxha shudders. “The cruel Gods have entombed in endless night, and he hates them for what they have done to him”, he whispers.

By now, Ghost Jaguar has also emerged into the cavern. Glancing back the way he came, the hairs on his neck sand on end – the whole in the earth wall through which he just came is gone! He touches his hand to the wall, feels its moist coolness – it is solid.

“You have to press against it resolutely, than you slip through as if it was thin air”, Tlaxha’s voice rings out. “The divine power of the King In The Night protects the passage. If you don’t know where it is, you’ll never find it.”

In awe of the power of the terrible Gods and their Servitors, Ghost Jaguar turns back to his friend, who points to one side. "This way will lead you to the basement of a mushroom farmer's warehouse near the base of the Temple complex. The passage becomes very low towards the end, you’ll almost have to crawl – at its end, press against the ceiling and you will be able to slip through. Fare well. I hope I will see you and your family again."

With those words, thick with emotion, the fat man turns away, presses his belly against the eart wall and slips through, no different as if pushing through water. Ghost Jaguar is alone with his thoughts in the near total gloom.

As the young hunters eyes slowly adjust to the darkness he is curious to find that the moss that grows in the caves seems to be luminescent. Taking a deep breath Ghost turns towards the passage and after only the briefest hesitation, sets off at a run.

Arriving at last to the end of the cavern, Ghost Jaguar quickly discovers the low passage, sloping very gently upwards. Stooping low, he follows it for a few more paces until its end. His fingers feel the earthen ceiling – it seems solid. Flexing the muscles in his legs, he pushes hisback against the eartn and feels it giving almost immediately. Head and shoulders slip through it as if it didn’t exist, and as soon as his head is through it, the earth simply vanishes, and all that’s left is a hole Ghost Jaguar is standing in to the chest. He lays is hands on the godstone all around him and pushes against it, heaving him out of the hole and into the gloom of an empty ware house reeking of dried mushrooms. He rolls to his feet, and his gaze brushes the hole through which he has just emerged, his skin crawls – there is no hole to be seen, just smooth, unbroken godstone.

For a moment, Ghost Jaguar is tempted to explore this mystery, but he doesn’t allow himself to indulge his curiosity – time is pressing on him. He moves through the warehouse and finds his way out into the courtyard beyond.

The sky is growing dark by the time he breaths the fresh air again. Looking up at the looming Temple barely a hundred yards away, the young hunter squares his shoulders.

Just then a loud noise errupts from behind him, it is a gathering crowd their voices raised, some in exaltation, some in anger, most simply in panic! Ghost Jaguar slips into the dark shadows near the warehouse as he sees the form of man walking his way, followed by a crowd of priests, warriors, and peasants.

Itzcoatl? Ghost thinks to himself.

Crow Caller, Ghost Jaguar arrives on the scene just as Itzcoatl has dispatched Nahuatec. The scene is a long, enclosed passageway, and Ghost Jaguar is in the courtyard to one end of it. He has not yet been spotted (unless higgins pays Drama to “own” the scene) and can still move away if he chooses to. Any short glance will show him that something is terribly amiss – Itzcoatly with the bloodied spear and the blood-spattered robes, the bloody signs in the faces, the many warriors, the haunted looks on many faces. It’s plain that the Night King seems to have been very right.

What now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next