It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: EoS: PA spending & counter bid
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm 

Seanachai wrote:
higgins wrote:
So, if one PC wants to complicate something, he can spend a PA and the other can also spend a PA to cancel it
I'm surprised you said this given that you were unhappy with idea of points not being able to accomplish anything (which isn't what bidding was about).
In your example, complication wasn't introduced first... I was thinking in the lines of... if one PC introduces a complication in to the other PC's scene (a'la Liam wants Gwyneth to be repulsed by all the blood -- which is completely contrary to Jon's PA), then the other can stop it (Jon spending a point to block that).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:13 pm 

higgins wrote:
(Liam wants Gwyneth to be repulsed by all the blood -- which is completely contrary to Jon's PA), then the other can stop it (Jon spending a point to block that).

Oh, interesting. I think what I would do would be to say that Gwyneth is both impressed by the false rumor she just heard about Jon, but at the same time repulsed by his being all bloodied. The result? Well, when it comes to any dice rolling for etiquette and romance, Jon and Liam would be at a wash again. So while the intention may have been blocked by Liam's purchase, the Complications still exist.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 pm 

Seanachai wrote:
Oh, interesting. I think what I would do would be to say that Gwyneth is both impressed by the false rumor she just heard about Jon, but at the same time repulsed by his being all bloodied. The result? Well, when it comes to any dice rolling for etiquette and romance, Jon and Liam would be at a wash again. So while the intention may have been blocked by Liam's purchase, the Complications still exist.

I'm not sure I want to track all of this. I mean if one player throws up a Complication and another says "I'm not interested in that" and spends the necessary PA then I think that should be the end of it. I don't want this to potentially lead to animosity between the players. I mean the original player may well have thought that his Complication would be fun for the other player -- but when he discovers that the other player is dead against it, he's happy for it to be vetoed.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 pm 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
I mean if one player throws up a Complication and another says "I'm not interested in that" and spends the necessary PA then I think that should be the end of it. I don't want this to potentially lead to animosity between the players. I mean the original player may well have thought that his Complication would be fun for the other player -- but when he discovers that the other player is dead against it, he's happy for it to be vetoed.

Yeah, this really all depends on how much time the ST wants to devote to this. For the EOS document perhaps we should just put in there something like "...storytellers should adjudicate conflicting complications...".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 pm 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
(...) if one player throws up a Complication and another says "I'm not interested in that" and spends the necessary PA then I think that should be the end of it. I don't want this to potentially lead to animosity between the players. I mean the original player may well have thought that his Complication would be fun for the other player -- but when he discovers that the other player is dead against it, he's happy for it to be vetoed.
My point exactly.