trosfans.com
http://www.trosfans.com/forum/

EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls
http://www.trosfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=605
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Seanachai [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

higgins wrote:
Do you call the people who heal quick "gritty"?
Haha, no. But films with lots of blood and gore are called often called gritty.

Author:  higgins [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

I'm fine with Grit otherwise, but I just can't see it used for healing purposes. Toughness seems more like a healing thing to me, but I'm not a native speaker.

Hardiness?

I haven't found an Estonian term for it either, if that's any consolation. :P

Author:  Seanachai [ Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

So what we're talking about is the term used in the wording of the document for a test of X + Y. We could always just say X + Y instead of coming up for a term. I guess I'm OK with Toughness, but it still has the old TROS (and other RPGs) connotations for me of soaking damage.

Author:  higgins [ Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

Seanachai wrote:
We could always just say X + Y instead of coming up for a term.
That was actually my preferred method, but I thought giving them names would blur the line between this mechanic and derived attributes a bit and make their use easier for the "veterans".

Author:  Seanachai [ Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

higgins wrote:
Seanachai wrote:
We could always just say X + Y instead of coming up for a term.
That was actually my preferred method, but I thought giving them names would blur the line between this mechanic and derived attributes a bit and make their use easier for the "veterans".
OK, well we can just have a small table in the document that says, for example:

Strength + Agility: Used for keeping your balance, holding your ground when struck by things, etc, etc...

Fewer terms means less to learn, right? Terms can be helpful, of course, but we can just let players decide how they'll refer to them.

Author:  higgins [ Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

Seanachai wrote:
Fewer terms means less to learn, right? Terms can be helpful, of course, but we can just let players decide how they'll refer to them.
That's my view, but Ian & Michael seemed to think new terms are easier to remember than these attribute combinations. I mean, we two have nWoD experience and we know how simple this actually becomes, but others are not convinced.

Author:  Seanachai [ Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EoS: Regular A+A & A+S Rolls

higgins wrote:
we two have nWoD experience and we know how simple this actually becomes
Yeah, I don't know what "Perception" is, but I know I should roll Wits + Composure when something's happening. :D

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/