It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm 

Ian

I am a little confused by your post. I want to make sure that I got your point.

I'll describe the situation as I see it. The quarters are empty, I offered and you accepted to spend a drama point to give Nuance and Celeste entrance to the Comte's empty quarters. That last post was just to give Nuance access. Lewella the Dark court agent opposed to Nuance's grandmother and mistress of the Comte and attempted murderer of Eduard has disappeared. The Comte has gone to question Eduard about it, together with his steward.

Celeste is th archmage ally of Nuance, she is hunting an assassin with some nasty powers.

The confusion comes from Celeste's mistress. At the moment we don't have a mistress for her and you haven't stated who it is. Is the direction that you are going that Celeste is working for someone else opposed to Nuance, or for Lewella or another dark court agent? Are you leaving it for my nefarious imagination?

I just want make sure before I plunge Nuance's best ally into her worst enemy. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 pm 

Valthalion wrote:
I am a little confused by your post. I want to make sure that I got your point.

In your last scene for Nuance you wrote:

Nuance took the tray, knocked, announced herself and when there was no answer pushed the door open and peered inside. The room was a sitting area with doors leading off into other areas of the apartment. Nuance put the tray down and carefully checked and found the whole apartment empty. She went to the main door and motioned to Celeste, who came down the hall her robe flying. Celeste, closed the door crossed the room and opened the drapes, the sun had just risen and warm light entered the room, just as a chill entered Nuance's heart. She said "My Lady, the sun is risen, I must be about my duties, My Lord's party departs very soon"

As Nuance is not titled I assumed Celeste was referring to a third person in the room -- someone who appeared after Nuance's check of the apartment. I assumed that a chill entered Nuance's heart as a result. Not knowing who this person was I responded with:

Nuance turned and looked towards the woman who held Celeste's allegiance. Astonished, she took a single backward step towards the empty fireplace as she realized who it was.

That's all -- no grand plan.

Valthalion wrote:
The confusion comes from Celeste's mistress. At the moment we don't have a mistress for her and you haven't stated who it is. Is the direction that you are going that Celeste is working for someone else opposed to Nuance, or for Lewella or another dark court agent? Are you leaving it for my nefarious imagination?

As above, I thought you were introducing the character?

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:18 am 

:oops:

OK, that makes sense. My intention was just to have Nuance realize that time was marching on and that she needed to get back to Eduard, as he was leaving soon. So Nuance said
"My Lady, the sun is risen, I must be about my duties, My Lord's party departs very soon"
to Celeste. This was to put some time pressure on for dramatic sake.

Sorry it was confusing.

Nuance and Celeste are in the quarters alone. Nuance can do whatever she wants but she is under time pressure as Eduard was due to leave at sunrise and the sun is risen. She is prepared to go, but she needs to get to Eduard soon.

just as a chill entered Nuance's heart was a bit overdramatic I admit.
If you want to continue with someone else being in the room then you can do that as well no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:43 pm 

Tabithia, Vendredi, after lunch

Tabithia checked around her for Stendarin. He was some way from Whitehoof, and she could see none of the others from that clandestine meeting around him either. He looked like he was about to continue the journey to the Falls. Good, now then was the time.
"Honoured Stendarin, might I speak with you?" The tip of her tail twitched once, violently, and Stendarin blinked in surprise. "Of course, Tabithia. Let us walk some way together this afternoon."
The trail continued by the river, winding alongside it through the sparse forest. Tabithia quietly described Whitehoof's meeting in the clearing, his instructions to the others present. Stendarin's eyebrows raised slightly "I had no idea things had gone so far. Not that I should be surprised, knowing his hatred and fear." He sighed. "I must keep an eye on him." Tabithia smiled somewhat smuggly "Well, I may be of some assistance there." And she repeated her conversations with Whitehoof since the clearing. A frown crossed Stendarin's face. "You would perhaps have been wiser to come to me first, " he sighed: "but there is a strange wind curling around you through these days, and I think events around you are going to be somewhat," he hesitated, "unexpected through these negotiations. You should talk with Silvani too, see what you can learn from her. It would be dangerous and time consuming for you to work so many levels at this time, you must make sure you are ready for the negotiations - that must be your highest priority, of course - our future depends on those brief days. I will get word back to our King and have him take steps to unobtrusively keep your family out of Whitehoof's reach. We will need to concoct a believable story for him to explain your elevation in the negotiations. You still have the letter?" Tabithia nodded. "It must disappear. I will hide two fake letters in my papers for them - one from Garillion, with his usual violent anti-human rhetoric, the other from Silvani, claiming that you, as the Child of Prophecy, must lead the negotiations for peace or else we will perish. I think that should help deflect them for now. I want you to stay close to me. That may give you less time to focus on Whitehoof, but it is critical that you be ready for these negotiations. Now that I am aware of his plots, I can deal with him myself. Destroy that letter. Do it quietly, do it quickly. And find Silvani" Tabithia nodded reluctantly. She had much to think about. But destroy the letter? It was the only thing she had of her mother, apart from the ring that even now hung over her heart, beneath her shirt... She would speak with Silvani first, then decide about the letter.