It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Blade of the Iron Throne Forum!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 pm 

Kickstarter is specifically a project funding system.

http://www.kickstarter.com/

Used to get capital to start a project, by selling your project idea to the public for cost levels of support. It doesn't guarantee the project will go ahead, be successful or anything. Just that it is project that people are interested in doing, and hopefully others will see their vision and help fund it. In exchange, the project originator decides on what each level of support would return. From free copies, to personal touches to a finished project.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am 

Thanks a lot for your reply Michael, I hope to read BLADE soon. When? In Italy we say "Chi vivrà, vedrà" (time will tell) ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 pm 

Any update of ETA of the game?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:51 pm 

Although I am normally a bit hesitant to stick my neck out, I am in this case confident in our ability to deliver a nice Christmas present to the community!

We are closer by the day!

Regards,

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 am 

pbj44 wrote:
Although I am normally a bit hesitant to stick my neck out, I am in this case confident in our ability to deliver a nice Christmas present to the community!

I'd just like to second this. The end of the project is actually in sight. The To Do list is complete, and getting shorter as things get ticked off -- no new tasks are raising their head, Gorgon-like.

I would also like to make the point -- it is a beautiful game. It fills and satisfies its niche like few other games.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:42 pm 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
pbj44 wrote:

I'd just like to second this. The end of the project is actually in sight. The To Do list is complete, and getting shorter as things get ticked off -- no new tasks are raising their head, Gorgon-like.

I would also like to make the point -- it is a beautiful game. It fills and satisfies its niche like few other games.

Regards,

Fantastic!

Will it be out in time for us to get it delivered for Christmas, given delivery takes a little time?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:34 pm 

Delivery to the community with time enough for Christmas shipping is our goal!

Regards,

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 am 

I have a spot from last christmas... currently filled with "Blade Beta 2.0.pdf".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 am 

Very good news!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 am 

John 20:24-29

[I'm not Christian]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 pm 

Hi Folks!

@slymoon - go ahead and make some room then, the good stuff is coming!
@Pagol - Yep, we are happy as well!
@Galeazzo - LOL! Hopefully Blade's arrival will be less of a shock for you than what Doubting Thomas experienced.

But seriously folks, this is certainly no vaporware project. The writing of material is long done, and we the development team, are certainly happy with the result.

Have there been obstacles and delays? Yes!

But when we began work on Blade we had two parallel goals:

1) To create a wonderful Sword & Sorcery variant of TRoS.
2) To release a superior product to the community, one that surpasses it's parent in production value, for in the end, we indeed believe that the devil is in the details.

From the new evocative color front and back covers and spine, gorgeous color page-wrap, fresh new interior artwork, custom target dummies, to carefully selected fonts, we have poured a level of detail into the project that is seldom seen in an indy release.

Had we simply desired to "release" Blade in a plain wrapper, we would have done so a very long time ago. Certainly, the largest cause for delay was the beautiful artwork lavished on the book. The artist's simply refused to work faster, regardless of how often they were flogged.

The team is certainly under no illusion that any of the money nor time that have been invested in this gift to the community will ever be recouped.

Please consider that well before posting impatient or sarcastic remarks. They don't motivate, and IMHO your team deserves better.

It is our hope that you will feel as we do, that the extra wait was worth it!

Regards,

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:18 pm 

Thanks PBJ44 :) Now I'm peaceful

When I started to play rpg and read manuals, I was... ok 1993... and I dreamed a lot of time to find the perfect Rules System (for me).
In 2010 I found TROS with his cool rules and his (sad) story. Sad cause I think it's a really cool game and there are a lot of worse games with commercial success.
When I read about a new, d12 and organized version (and basically FREE) in working progress from an international team... I cried!
I thought "For free? impossible! How they can do thats? WHERE I CAN PUT MY € TO SPEED UP THE RELEASE??!!"
I also find some of you on Linkedin and Deviant Art :) I'm like a maniac stalker hahah

Ehi now we can see the light outside the tunnel! Count down is started yahooooo :D

My to do list now:
- buy a lot of D12s (15 whites and 15 reds it will be ok with 2/3 players?)
- put a side €, I need the Lulu printed manual
- bomb the brains of my player to learn a new rule system [DIFFICULT = HARD]
- organize my OST MP3. Now we are adult and we have laptops: I wanna hear my players said: "dance class, It was so immersive"
- find something to do for my girlfriend, when we ll play :), my collegue's japanese wife could be her new best friend
- organize all the little ideas for adventure minded in 4 years without playing like a master!
- read a lot of Conan comics

Waiting for BLADE, I suggest to read "Beasts and Barbarians Golden Edition" (a very nice sword&sorcery SAVAGEWORLD setting from Italy in English, i don't like SW but Umberto Pignatelli is a genius) and if you understand french plz read "Bloodlust" (the '90 original version)...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 pm 

Hi Galeazzo!

I am glad that you are reassured! We really think the project turned out well!

The system in it's final incarnation runs very smoothly, and those we have asked advise that they had no problem with getting their Blade game up and running. I think your players will pick it up quickly!

Michael himself has been steadily emailing me session logs from his fascinating Blade Sword & Sorcery campaign, a wonderful tale of blood, twisted sorcery, and revenge.

So hang in there, it's not long now!

Regards,

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:57 pm 

Galeazzo wrote:
- buy a lot of D12s (15 whites and 15 reds it will be ok with 2/3 players?)

Yes. Theoretical maximum dicepool size with our equivalent of SAs firing at maximum capacity is 14, theoretical maximum combat pool size (split into two parts as in TRoS), also with SA-equivalent firing a full blast, is 20. Around 98% of all pools will be no larger than two thirds that; i.e. 13 dice in combat and 9 dice outside of it as practical maximum for pretty much everything that will ever come up.

pbj44 wrote:
[...] session logs from his fascinating Blade Sword & Sorcery campaign, a wonderful tale of blood, twisted sorcery, and revenge.

And betrayal! Don't forget the rampant betrayal :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 pm 

Grettir wrote:
pbj44 wrote:
[...] session logs from his fascinating Blade Sword & Sorcery campaign, a wonderful tale of blood, twisted sorcery, and revenge.

And betrayal! Don't forget the rampant betrayal :lol:

:lol:

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next