It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Guide for the Perplexed
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:04 pm 

It is with much anticipation that I am able to announce that trosfans' first formal project is under development.

This project will create a "real medieval" magic system for TRoS. It will be based on Moses Maimonides "The Guide For The Perplexed", a 12th century text which contains (amongst many other things) his analysis of the beliefs/philosophy of the Mu'tazilah sect of the Mohammedans. By taking the "universe-view" of the Mu'tazilah as described by Maimonides and creating a magic system that entrenches that view into the gaming environment we will have a magic system that feels medieval, one that is very different from what we might consider "real world" and one that is entirely different from those attempts to create magic systems based on medieval magic texts or Victorian-era revisions of those medieval magic texts.

Brian Leybourne has agreed to act as the Technical Consultant to the project. His will be the final decision on any design issue that might arise during development of The Guide.

A new forum has been created to house the development and playtest process. It is under the Rule Modifications forum.

I am asking any and all members of this community to participate in the project. If you would like to participate in the project and have access to the product while it is in development then I am asking you to become a Supporter of trosfans by donating to this site. Like all contributions to the site this money will be used to fund development of more TRoS material -- in particular professional artwork.

The baseline draft version of The Guide is in development and I expect it to be available in early June for those involved in the project to download.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program