It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Blade of the Iron Throne Forum!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm 

Sounds VERY promising. But you seem to be an expert in finding an auspicious wording for your posts ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm 

LOL! Is that a polite way of calling me a bullsh@t artist?

No one regrets these delays as much as the Blade team - we are so anxious to get this thing done, we can taste it. That being said, we are happy to provide you with a refund should you desire it.

Regards,

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:37 pm 

No! This was an honest praise of your abilities.

Every post of you is giving me the feeling that everything will be good in a short time ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 pm 

Well, that's good then. Sorry if I was terse. We (the Blade team) are as anxious as can be these days.

Regards,

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 pm 

Pagol wrote:
Every post of you is giving me the feeling that everything will be good in a short time ;)

But this time, it is actually true. :o Everything will, at long last, be good in a very short time indeed.

Hard to believe even for ourselves. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 pm 

Creating a gaming product in your spare time is a three phase process:

1. Excitement and Anticipation.
2. Dawning Horror and Frustration.
3. Zen and Equanimity.

The first phase lasts about a week as you envisage what this product could look like and you focus on the skills and capabilities that you have ready access to.

The second phase lasts the remainder of the project unless the project is successful. This phase starts by gaining an appreciation of the skills and capabilities that you need to complete the project -- and that you don't have ready access to. At this point you pay people or you try and convince them to join your project and hand over their free time.

The third phase leads to the success of the project. It occurrs when you appreciate that you can't place deadlines on anyone but yourself. You can't even antipcipate work being completed by anyone but yourself. When things do get delivered to you -- that's a bonus. Once the frustration disappears, once you get some perspective that a project that consumes hundreds of hours of free time might be better for everyone to simply go away (in other words, there is no bad result here), then you're in a space where you can see the project through to completion without it driving you crazy.

Blade is an awesome product. It is an awesome concept that has been well implemented. S&S is an awesome, under-represented genre in FRPGs. Even the website is way cooler than anything TRoS ever had. And we're nearly there...

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm 

pbj44 wrote:
Well, that's good then. Sorry if I was terse. We (the Blade team) are as anxious as can be these days.

Regards,

Phil

Hah! I wasn't the recipient of the terse-ness for once.

Btw, my tree is still up and it looks awfully lonely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 am 

Okay, people, I am very, very happy to say that Blade of the Iron Throne is finally a few short days away from publication. We will of course announce this the very moment it happens so that none of you will miss it.

What we can announce immediately is the launch of Blade’s very own website and dedicated forum. The homepage will require a bit of final tweaking and finetuning, and of course the addition of the Blade download once it becomes available, but both forum and homepage are active as of now.

Both these addresses lead to the homepage:

www.ironthronepublishing.com
www.bladeoftheironthrone.com

You can access the forum from the homepage, or directly by following this link here. We invite you to head over there and register.

And, like it says in the thread title: Welcome to the Blade of the Iron Throne Forum!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 am 

Hi folks!

This is a special day for all of us! Come over and visit, have a glass of your favorite beverage, and enjoy the launch of Blade!

Best Wishes,

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:34 pm 

Dear Blade Team,

Congratulations! You have managed to finish the whole thing as you promised. Blade's website is awesome and the PDF is to be released in just two days!

As this forum is going to be closed starting from January 17th I would like to thank you for creating it and keeping alive this truly fantastic community. Although I joined you only 1,5 year ago I enjoyed every single moment I spent reading everything you have written about TROS. Now it's time to move to Iron Throne Publishing site and focus on its true (hopefully :) ) successor :)

See you there!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm 

KRISWOOD wrote:
Dear Blade Team,

Congratulations! You have managed to finish the whole thing as you promised. Blade's website is awesome and the PDF is to be released in just two days!

As this forum is going to be closed starting from January 17th I would like to thank you for creating it and keeping alive this truly fantastic community. Although I joined you only 1,5 year ago I enjoyed every single moment I spent reading everything you have written about TROS. Now it's time to move to Iron Throne Publishing site and focus on its true (hopefully :) ) successor :)

See you there!

I can only second this post. Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:56 pm 

Thanks Kriswood, thanks Pagol. Even though at times frustrating, creating Blade was a pleasure, beginning with the discussions on this board.

Speaking of which: I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to making trosfans such a fantastic, friendly, and welcoming place, and who participated in the many fruitful discussions I've had here. And especially Ian, for the above reasons and for giving TRoS a home when nobody else would.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am 

I would like to thank all of you for great readings, replies and solutions. Esspecially for possibility of buying TROS pdf and in the end for motivation of searching the paper version of TROS.

Now it's time for Blade and their insane d12 pools (most definitely love this idea!)

See you around!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 am 

My thanks to everyone as well! TRoSfans has been a good home for all of us, a haven where polite discussion took place about a game we have all loved. As my uncle was fond of saying, "the only constant in life is change.".

That may be so, but I am still going to miss this special place...

Best Regards,

Phil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37