It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am 

Ghost Jaguar

Social 5 + Drive 3 versus a Ridicule TN of 7

[dice]kyanhqhmmr[/dice]
[dice]ghbcrebmux[/dice]
[dice]rhnojdmjux[/dice]
[dice]ukplsbxjhd[/dice]
[dice]jginhvhfhz[/dice]
[dice]unwyzgswon[/dice]
[dice]dyzfwjnaaw[/dice]
[dice]jkpesulrig[/dice]

Willpower 4 + Drive 3 versus Animal Handling 7 (Default Hunting* 4 +3 (+1 Dice for Grand Mastery)

*I wasn't quite sure what you meant by default off any other Animal skill, perhaps you meant Animal Guise? What I will do is seperate the extra dice for Grand Mastery so it can be ignored if need be, also the TN for my Animal Guise is 5 (so a deafult of 8)

[dice]eeelxazkic[/dice]
[dice]ihgrugsrob[/dice]
[dice]dfuyqmgwql[/dice]
[dice]vwyvviexsm[/dice]
[dice]yeafwstxuw[/dice]
[dice]outaaqrlrn[/dice]
[dice]pjcynaqzgp[/dice]

Grand Mastery Dice
[dice]huaznxtjai[/dice]

Agility 7 + Drive 3 versus Acrobatics 7

[dice]tjfkbqboyr[/dice]
[dice]bqkcgkivop[/dice]
[dice]opdlinlrrf[/dice]
[dice]wpbnrpminn[/dice]
[dice]xpfiybwork[/dice]
[dice]vwmihdzndw[/dice]
[dice]fkuuwdhjcf[/dice]
[dice]hnyjjnauqw[/dice]
[dice]ceygeljbpo[/dice]
[dice]jjhnrrpwrw[/dice]

I hope that's all in order... I copied and pasted all the [dice] 1d10 [ /dice] entries (not from other posts just typed it once then copied and pasted) so I hope that doesn't matter, it shouldn't and I'm going to leave the post unedited. Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:48 am 

Wow, I sucked on the Ridicule and Animal Handling, but atleast I shouldn't break my neck... I hope :P

Cheers & God Bless!

EDIT: Crap! Just realized I botched the Animal Handle roll :( that's gonna hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:25 am 

Oh my, Ghost Jaguar really sucked at exciting the snakes – in fact, he botched it! :cry:

Ghost Jaguar. Private apartment of Itzcoatl.

The eyes of the two guards widen and their features distort in wild outrage. Biting down on their curses, they draw their swords and move towards Ghost Jaguar.

The young hunter does all the while move towards the open window, his movements not as predatory supple as usual, but sudden and jerking – he hopes to vex and alarm the easily excited snakes. And indeed, his gambit is paying off, almost immediately, the beasts hiss and coil, threatening death for anybody coming near them.

And then Gost Jaguar’s sandalled heel treads on the tail-end of the slender but deadly Quiau-Adder he himself has procured for Itzcoatl. It lunges at his naked calf immediately…

Ok, first things first. Ghost Jaguar gets a skill improvement check to Ridicule right away, and we’re going to “save” the Acrobatics roll for when – if – he tumbles out the window later. But now, he really needs to evade that snake (attack roll below), because I tell you right away that this beastie injects even on a lvl 0 wound a neurotoxic venom level 8, with HT rolls made every five minutes of rest, every minute of normal activity or every quarter-minute of strenuous activity like jumping and climbing…

Roll with your best CP (not necessarily unarmed), with the Drive to save your family and your Destiny (a sorry 0 :( ) as bonus dice. If Ghost Jaguar Ducks & Weaves (TN 9), he’s at the window before the guards can interfere with him; if he Partially Evades (TN 7), there are still the guards to deal with – though they might have problems with the agitated snakes of their own…

Tell me the chosen TN and roll; here’s the quiau-adder’s attack roll against bite TN 7:
[dice]pajvujkvgy[/dice]
[dice]mlcyagrikv[/dice]
[dice]tpcheflesa[/dice]
[dice]cwylgtsetf[/dice]
[dice]vdpcuynqeg[/dice]
[dice]hokmzpfath[/dice]
[dice]stclmherwa[/dice]
[dice]mcpkpgpwmw[/dice]
[dice]xjkmplfxiy[/dice]

EDIT: And I decree that there's just no time for Ghost Jaguar to try for some fancy Acrobatic dodge.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:48 am 

Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

So she actually thinks Itzcoatl could harm her there? He has to force himself no to smirk. As he had no such intentions, he will let Layanna think she has won. He'll try to insist once more, but purposefully loses the argument.

"As you will," Itzcoatl finally agrees as they both sit down there. "As the creatures," he looks around that no slaves or anyone isn't overhearing them, "aren't present at the moment... I'm all ears."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am 

I hope Ghost lives to regret this:

Mass Weapon & Shield 7 + Reflex 7 + Drive 3 versus Duck & Weave TN 9

[dice]ofolgkwicf[/dice]
[dice]qskvbvhitd[/dice]
[dice]eybtaklvra[/dice]
[dice]fmhqiqsonj[/dice]
[dice]yeiulrnpir[/dice]
[dice]klouwkmxlr[/dice]
[dice]tisjbgxknv[/dice]
[dice]wpancpwudh[/dice]
[dice]sbdcnaofjh[/dice]
[dice]broiozwkns[/dice]
[dice]ogcedxhkez[/dice]
[dice]hcahqgqyus[/dice]
[dice]jadiwowpok[/dice]
[dice]qoaovlsvxa[/dice]
[dice]yhofymzqbj[/dice]
[dice]frotnehxay[/dice]
[dice]bnhmgdkgbi[/dice]

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 am 

That Animal Handling roll was just awesome. Are you sure you didn't just buy those snakes from the market...?

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 am 

Ian.Plumb wrote:
That Animal Handling roll was just awesome. Are you sure you didn't just buy those snakes from the market...?

Regards,

lol, yeah, when I went to look at my skills and realised I didn't even have Animal Handel I wondered how on earth I procured Snakes for Higgins... that's when I came to the conclusion that I must just be the Guide.

Disclaimer: By "I", I obviously mean Ghost Jaguar, Ian started it, and its just easier to write :P.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 pm 

Ghost Jaguar. Private apartment of Itzcoatl.

Leaping clear of the ground, Ghost Jaguar spins away from the quiau adder’s deadly bite with the superhuman reflexes and instincts of a born and bred Descended, but even so he feels the snake’s touch on his ankle – but only a glancing slap by the beast’s neck, not the sharp sting of its fangs. With a second bounding leap, much more graceful than the desperate previous one, he’s out through the window.

The impact on the flat roof two stories below is harder than he thought – it is stone he is hitting, not yielding jungle soil. He rolls with the blow’s force, but still the air is knocked from his lungs and the Shoatli from his grasp. Even while struggling to draw in breath his hands fumble for the wand that means life for his daughter, find it, and lock on to it firmly. He staggers to his feet, only now becoming aware of the shouts and curses from somewhere above him. A quick glance back towards Itzcoatl’s apartment does not yet show any guards at the window he has dived through, then Ghost Jaguar’s mind is already not on what is behind him, but on what lies before him.

Itzcoatl’s quarters are located high up in the temple, overlooking its complex of courtyards, terraced buildings and being dwarved only by the great zikkurat itself. There are four more stories to drop to base level, but Ghost Jaguar knows a way how to descend them easily, one after the other.

Once again able to draw breath freely, he sprints for the roof’s edge and drops down it another story just as a thrown war-club sails over his head, unfortunately dropping down into the temple-complex’s depth far from his reach.

You’re quite mad going for the TN 9, but well done, Crow Caller! Ghost Jaguar has made it out of sight of the guards and can easily disappear into the temple – at least for the moment. What is he going to do now?

And you get a a skill improvement check to Acrobatics, and yet another SA point to Itzcoatl’s Drive – he’s again overcome great opposition to satisfy it.

And 7(+1) in Animal Handling isn't at all bad, especially with those attributes – you just screwed that roll. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 pm 

Having settled at a small table manufactured from wood obtained at great risk from the jungle, Layanna opens the little talk she has asked Itzcoatl for. The high priestess does at first keep to the same matters already discussed in the clave, stalling until the other high priests and their attendants have vacated the antechamber. She seems just satisfied with the privacy when the slave returns with one copper beaker full of water, one of sweet, alcoholic dalkata and a third one briming with cool, foaming cacao spiced with cinnamon and liberal amounts of chili. He places cups and beakers on the small table and then piles it with more dishes than it can actually accommodate, thin wavers of flatbread, colourful peppers, marinated mushrooms from the cave-gardens, fried onion rings in a thin crispy coat of maize-dough, cold slices of grilled egg-plant, a variety of cold poultry, a salad of sliced avocado and tomatoes and a pot of lizard stew as the single warm dish – a simple, hastily thrown together meal by the high-priests’ standards.

After the slave has set the table he withdraws a few paces to be ready to further wait upon his masters, but he is curtly dismissed by Layanna. Both high priests partake than of the food, Layanna no less heartily than the famished Itzcoatl. It is he who finally has to remind the woman that she had wanted to speak with him urgently.

Layanna glances about once more and then leans across the small table, her smell of incense and feminine parfums heady in Itzcoatl’s nostrils. In a hushed voice, she says: “I have been there. In the Courtyard of the Sun. I have seen you, I have seen that you have taken something from the God.”

She leans back in chair, letting her words think in with Itzcoatl for a moment, then she smiles at him, brightly, reassuringly. “Don’t worry”, she says, “your secret is safe with me – as long as you don’t presume that you can keep whatever you have taken for yourself alone. Whatever it is, I want my part of it.” The slightest of deliberations, then she continues with emphasis: “It might be time we pooled our ressources.”

Last edited by Grettir on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:19 pm 

Just before I post again, what exactly do you mean by I get a Ridicule and Acrobatics Check? To you mean an X next to each, or do you mean a MA Check to see if I improve in them?

I'd say you meant the second only that that was the first time I used either of the skills so ?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:21 pm 

Crow Caller wrote:
Just before I post again, what exactly do you mean by I get a Ridicule and Acrobatics Check?

Checks of that kind three of which allow you to roll for skill increase, so yeah, an X next to them.

Last edited by Grettir on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm 

After a few moments of wrapping his head around the news, Punchau seems to visibly relax for the first time since he saw Palaluca being led to the dungeons in the first place.

"So am I," he admits to Palaluca in as kind a voice as he can manage. "We'd both be fools not to be. Still, your friend's friends can protect us from the dangers of the jungle, and I can protect you from any other danger. If the trade caravan proves quicker than an escape to the jungle, we'll take that route, but we can't stay here any longer than we must; the longer we stay, the more likely we'll be seen. If we're seen, we aren't the only ones who'll be visiting the dungeons. So whichever route we take, I need you to be brave. Your fear is there to keep you alive and you'd do well to listen to it, but you can't let it control you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:36 pm 

"You saw me, huh?" says Itzcoatl from over the table with an unconcerned look. "Well, I saw you too... thus we've really been in this pond together all along. It's your word against mine in any case, and we both have nobody but each other to back us up on this," he sips from one of the beakers, as he would be interested more in the food than in her proposal. "So, should any suspicion on that happen to befall on me, be sure I'll be taking you with me."

"But pooling our resources?" says Itzcoatl after a pause and he's trying his best not to reveal his interest of this intriguing, and most likely, a deadly proposal. He shots a glance from over the table and leans closer. "So, you what do you intend to pool in this common endeavour of ours?"

I wanted to say in the same boat, but I doubt they are common instruments in a world like this! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:13 pm 

Punchau. Somewhere in Ozomatli.

A faint smile graces the lips of Palaluca, for the first time in this horrid day. “I know we have to be brave, and I can be, and I will be”, she says, straightening her back and looking Punchau fully in the eye. The warmth in her voice takes the edge out of her voice as she continues: “I am a mound monkey, after all. But still, if we have to brave dangers, it’s better to go prepared. Or to outright avoid them – I won’t eke out some grubby existence among the Descended if there’s any other way.”

“That’s all very well”, Palaluca’s friend reminds, “but we first have to get you to immediate safety before we can plan your eventual one. Loitering inthis public porticoe won’t help a bit.”

After a few more words, the young woman, who has by then given her name as An-Ara of the artisan caste, leads Punchau and Palaluca through a succession of courtyards, halls, covered walkways, squaes to a particular large courtyard, almost a square, not far away. A large three-story edifice takes up one entire side of the small plaza, and An-Ara indicates it to Punchau as her brother’s, and her own, home and workshop. The trio enters the cool interior of the building which Punchau finds to be unobtrusivley tasteful and yet almost as lavish as any high priest’s private apartment. An-Ara’s brother Pac Utal, though only an artisan, is clearly a man of substance.

An-Ara darts off, explaining that she has left her brother in some supremely important business negotiation and that sh is going to see wether he is still occupied. She returns in an instant with the news that he still is and can be disturbed under n circumstances. While they wait, she offers Punchau and Palaluca the facilities of the house, food and drink to make up for the missed lunch, and water to wash and refresh – and the latter is something Punchau does indeed crave. He has poured what water the jail’s jugs had held over his hands, but there had just been too little of it, and the creases of both his hands are still red and sticky with Qaran’s now-congealed blood.

Hector, if there’s anything special Punchau wants to do while waiting for Pac Utal to become available, you can of course do it. Independently from that, Punchau gets 1 SA point to his Drive to see Palaluca save, for getting her to at least temporary safety. On the downside, I noticed that I forgot to tell you about the Conscience-penalty for murdering Qaran – Punchau looses 1 point here; sorry. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:38 pm 

Layanna smiles at Itzcoatl. “Well, I could of course say my ingenuity and the weight I carry in the temple are ressources enough. But then I have so much more to offer than that.” Her smile sweetens, its seeming affection spreading even into her eyes. “Imagine if the Servitors were to learn – if the have not already, Celestials forbid – that something is missing from the God. I wager their divine insight wouldn’t even need to be pointed at the only person who has been close enough to the God to remove something from him – not that I or one of my followers would ever do such a thing, of course. But still, with the suspicion that’s likely to fall upon you soon, and with this suspicion being so very…justified, I think you should be grateful indeed for every ally willing to stand by you. Actively grateful.”

Daintily, she takes a small bite off a small, hot pepper and looks at Itzcoatl, her beautiful tattoed face both open and unreadable at once.

Higgins, I think there is little point in playing out the entire conversation, though you can of course provide yet another answer for Itzcoatl in direct speech if you like to. Apart from that, giving an outline of arguments should suffice. Layanna wants equal access to the artefact. She makes thinly-veiled threats that she or one of her followers will name Itzcoatl to the Servitors if she does not get such access immediately, without any further delay, but if she gets it she promises to help Itzcoatl clear himself from any suspicion if the Servitors should learn about the theft from another source – something she takes great pains to portray as inevitable and imminent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next