It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:38 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar - Temple District Rooftops

Ghost Jaguar continues along the rooftops, descending and ascending for several minuets before dropping silently into a quiet sidestreet. Looking around for something to conceal himself and the strange object he has before making his way into the Temple District, and directly to Camatoz' Appartments...


Ghost Jaguar is doing a quick scrounge to find some washing on a line or in a window, or perhaps even something discarded in the the sidestreet.

He intends to walk quite openly and directly towards Camatoz' appartment believing the guards to either suspect him to flee the Temple District or to head to Layana's Appartment.

What should I roll for the Scrounge attempt? And perhaps also a disguise? (Though I am more going for concealment of himself than disguising himself as someone else).

Cheers!

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

The problem for Itzcoatl is that there's no way to make sure of her keeping the word and he's at a disadvantage here. So, he finally agrees with obvious reluctance, only intending to have them find another of his hiding places (say, the one in his closet) empty, and he plans to suggest that they find the culprit together, hoping this will give enough time to get some edge over Layanna as well. So, I assume they both go to Itzcoatl's quarters.

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Last edited by higgins on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I love how Layana is demanding access to the artefact, it shows her keen interest in it! And when Itzcoatl learns it has been taken and that the thief let slip Layana's name it could lead to an interesting confrontation, especially since Layana so bluntly refused to go to Itzcoatl's appartment to discuss the artefact, perhaps she new it was being stolen at that moment! ;)

Ah, I love twisted intrigue.

Now I need to figure out a way for Ghost to be more of a player and less of a pawn, without jepadizing his daughter!

Cheers & God Bless!

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
I figured the same right after she insisted on staying... :)

And I was also wondering what Michael's plans were for the Ghost (as he said Ghost got the Artefact too easily)? :)

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Crow Caller, the temple complex stands slightly apart from the rest of the city, so getting into a side-street of Ozomatli is not going to work that way – and then there are no “streets” in the mound-cities anyway. But that doesn’t matter, as the temple-citadel is huge and has many small courtyards that could pass as “side-streets”. And it does also its own laundry.

As you’ve asked for it, roll Perception/Scrounging, witout any SAs. One success means an abortive but not discovered attempt, two successes will allow you to exchange Ghost Jaguar’s slave’s loin-cloth against a decent tunic, with three he also gets some makeshift weapon like a small knife (my choice), four get him an additional really decent weapon of my choice, five just about any reasonably common item you can think of and six or more something really useful and possibly outlandish – your choice. Gaining no success means he’s discovered red-handed.

If you make this roll I tell you how to proceed.

Higgins, when I wrote that Ghost Jaguar got the Shoatli too easily I meant that I would have requied a roll to see if he finds it at all. So no special plans for any of your characters on my part.

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Itzcoatl. Temple-citadel of Ozomatli.

There is some fierce haggling going on between Itzcoatl and Layanna, but at least on Itzcoatl’s part it is mostly for the sake of appearances. The high priest’s nimble mind has quickly formulated a plan in which he pretends to give in to his rival to stall for time while he hopes to get some leverage on her of his own.

But it’s either that Itzcoatl just isn’t used to caving in to somebody else’s demands or that Layanna is just too greedy, but she presses a bargain so hard that it isn’t easy to give in to her without seeming to have put up only token reisitance. Itzcoatl is baffled.


Higgins, I need you to roll Itzcoatl’s Perception/Diplomacy, with his Drive to dominate Layanna as bonus dice. It’s a contested roll against one of Layanna with 7 dice against TN 5, and you’ve to win it to do any good. Here’s Layanna’s roll:
[dice]uzygivhvnk[/dice]
[dice]pidrwjjlaq[/dice]
[dice]lrzitccnsw[/dice]
[dice]qdvllrzvyo[/dice]
[dice]bfalollfix[/dice]
[dice]ifqkiederu[/dice]
[dice]mgsdfobtsd[/dice]

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar

Perception 6 vs Scrounging TN 5.

[dice]odgxawkweq[/dice]
[dice]kbtvrhbkud[/dice]
[dice]iagetjgbqv[/dice]
[dice]wsfsdbxtwh[/dice]
[dice]qdmxewriua[/dice]
[dice]beclkdbgix[/dice]

Cheers & God Bless!

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
Grettir wrote:
Higgins, I need you to roll Itzcoatl’s Perception/Diplomacy, with his Drive to dominate Layanna as bonus dice. It’s a contested roll against one of Layanna with 7 dice against TN 5, and you’ve to win it to do any good.
Has Layanna's Diplomacy skill improved? It was TN 6 just before.

Anyways...

Perception 5 + Drive 2 vs. Diplomacy 6
[dice]spjsskfqgk[/dice]
[dice]rnnrkfysci[/dice]
[dice]wqxquyqmhj[/dice]
[dice]rcubhlislz[/dice]
[dice]yqpephhyue[/dice]
[dice]rujqlvyvxp[/dice]
[dice]rrfcaxozcm[/dice]

Aaand I failed.. again. But this time it's exactly as I wanted, I guess. :)

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Last edited by higgins on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
OK, Crow Caller, Ghost Jaguar pilfered without becoming conspicuous; he obtained a decent tunic, a small knife of soft copper, and a short spear that has been leaning against a wall while its owner relieved itself – though Ghost Jaguar may not want to take it. You get a check to his Scrounging skill.

Now he has to move unseen to Camasoz, which is going to be difficult as some type of – very minor and inconspicuous – alarm has been raised in the meantime and a few guards are searching for him. Avoiding them requires a Wits/Sneak roll, again with the Drive as bonus dice. It’s a – due to the temple’s size comparatively easy – contest against a generic 4 dice TN 7 for the lot of the few searching guards:
[dice]zmkcbmfolk[/dice]
[dice]rrjtenvyfx[/dice]
[dice]wbyhgvlktl[/dice]
[dice]dnyqtmcdgt[/dice]

If Itzcoatl does at least tie the guards, he makes it to the kitchen tract, where Camasoz is probably to be found right now. In that ase you can take the narration on your own right up to the point where Ghost Jaguar reaches the kitchens, but do not yet bring Camasoz in.

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Estonia
I think it's second time you have called Ghost Itzcoatl today. :lol: Something's up with you and the names today. :)

_________________
"Brothels are a much sounder investment than ships, I've found. Whores seldom sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin like everyone else."
- Lord Petyr Baelish, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar

Wits 7 + Drive 4 vs Sneak 6

[dice]lwqqqtrhmx[/dice]
[dice]qouzadiitk[/dice]
[dice]giaodaseid[/dice]
[dice]ytrslyeiku[/dice]
[dice]etxicgcnvi[/dice]
[dice]vxzvpeesfd[/dice]

[dice]wvxuaffuck[/dice]
[dice]atrhvecday[/dice]
[dice]aupeyijcug[/dice]
[dice]sbyygtbqic[/dice]

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
higgins wrote:
I think it's second time you have called Ghost Itzcoatl today. :lol: Something's up with you and the names today. :)


Yeah it is, first time threw me for a sec but its all good :P

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 953
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Jaguar - Temple Disctrict.

Ghost Jaguar quickly pulled a tunic out of a washing basket loacted just inside an open window. Hastily donning the garment he continued on his way when he saw a young man, most likely a warrior's son, cutting an apple with a copper knife, the youth place the knife on a low wall and continued talking to his slave, when he turned back around several moments later to retrieve the knife it was gone, and so was Ghost Jaguar, the slave had crossed through several courtyards and back "allies". Stopping only briefly to relieve a Warrior of his spear as the Warrior himself relieved himself after a morning's guard duty.

Slipping through the crowds of the temple district unnoticed the young hunter made good speed, only stopping and diverting himself occasionally as he saw small units of warriors pushing their way through the crowds.

Twice the young hunter was almost caught, narrowly escaping the warriors through quick thinking and sheer dumb luck. Bending down to fasten his sandal as a patrol passed by, Ghost Jaguar took a moment to steady himself.

Everything had happened so fast since his wife delivered the news of his daughter that he had not yet had time to stop and consider the consequences of his actions.

What was the strange object he now delivered to Camasoz, and why did the priest want it? Could he trully be trusted? Ghost Jaguar swore then and there, that if the priest was to betray him, it would be his last mistake.

With that Ghost Jaguar took a deep breath, standing up he crossed the courtyard to the kitchens, unable to shake the strange sense of forboding that had borrowed its way into his stomach.

_________________
"It was hard-fought, a desperate affair that could have gone badly; if God had not helped me, the outcome would have been quick and fatal" (115) ~ Beowulf after defeating Grendle's Mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am
Posts: 1495
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Pac Utal. Pac Utal’s townhouse at Ozomatli.

After Xochil and Maz Cipac left, Pac Utal has not even had time to properly settle in his chair and reflect upon the change of fortune this day his been bringing when the door to his reception hall had been opened impetuously and An-Ara had entered. Pac had expected a report about the errand he had entrusted her with, but the tale his siter began to pour forth imediately was a very different one.

She relates how a very close friend of hers, a mound monkey as well, had been sentenced to sacrification only this very morning, and how thunderstruck she had been to meet the girl in the city little more than an hour ago, dragged along by a temple warrior. At first, An-Ara had of course expected something dire, but she had soon learned that the warrior, whom her friend doesn’t even know, had actually freed her, even spilling some other guard’s blood in the process and was intending to flee into the jungle. An-Ara’s friend was of course terrified of these prospects, and so Pac’s sister offered the pair to either help them making contact with the Desended, or much rather to arrange their discreet flight into another city.

As if Pac couldn’t have guessed An-Ara finishes her tale with the revelation that she has brought the pair here, into Pac’s own house. Maybe they could be smuggled out of Ozomatli with the aid of the traders from Arcomatli…?

And of course the entire affair has kept her from delivering her "package" as well.


higgins wrote:
I think it's second time you have called Ghost Itzcoatl today. :lol: Something's up with you and the names today. :)

Too many posts, and too many storylines in my head at the same time; I guess I'll call it quits for today after this one, we've advanced the story a good deal anyhow. And lest I forget -- your roll wasn't against Layanna's Diplomacy, but another skill.

_________________
My real name is Michael; use it, if you like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:43 pm
Posts: 2112
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quick clarification: P'Tarn has delivered two candy pouches while An-Ara has the third?

Pac smiled. The bloodflow had indeed reached his door. Time to act.

"An-Ara, there is a candy pouch upon your belt. You know our friends love their candy -- why don't you see to it that it is delivered while I take care of your friends...?", said Pac, calmly.

An-Ara glanced down at the sash around her waist where the small candy pouch was safely tucked away. With a small bow to her brother and a smile towards Palaluca she turned on her heel and headed out of the door.

"Now, why don't you both sit for a moment?", Pac said, indicating the chairs in front of the godstone table. "I dare say you have both had an exciting day. Why don't you tell me a little about it and I'll see how I can help?"

Palaluca started the tale, describing her capture, trial, and imprisonment. Punchau soon took over, briefly describing the escape and meeting with An-Ara. As the tale ended with their arrival at the workshop Pac interjected.

"So, your plan was to Descend? To try and make it to the nearest mound...?"

Punchau nodded curtly while Palaluca looked uncertain.

"Hmmm, a desperate plan indeed -- and doomed to fail I might add, leaving you both to face an agonizing death at the hands of the Jungle rather than a clean and useful death at the hands of the Priests. But that is neither here nor there; circumstances often take us to places we would rather not go..."

It was Punchau's turn to interject. "Your sister said you could get us to safety, one way or another! Are you willing to make good her promise?!"

Pac smiled. All too often he had made good An-Ara's promises over the years. "There are several ways out of this for both of you. You can remain hidden in the city. There are many places my colleagues can hide you in this city of ours. You can Descend, with the help of friends of mine. Either stay with them for a time and re-ascend or journey overland to another city. Or you can journey to another city via the causeways, hidden amongst a trade caravan of ours. Obviously your chances of remaining hidden and alive are better if you split up. After all, the last thing we need is to have a rogue Temple guardsman traipsing about the place with ... a labour caste girl?" There is a slight question in the last.

"What do you say? Are you prepared to split up in order to be reunited at your destination, wherever that might be?", asked Pac.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group              Designed by QuakeZone